Monday, October 19, 2009

Duty Calls !

Hi everyone out there in the blogging community, this is Nurse Carol signing in to keep you all updated on the whereabouts of your missing blogger mate, and my patient, "Lady Jen".

I arrived Tuesday afternoon (13.10.09) summoned by Lady Jen, as she had organised a surprise treat. I left the hubby at home, jumped in my car and drove the hour over, all excited, wondering what was my "treat and surprise", the imagination can conjure up all sorts of things over a space of an hour.
Upon my arrival, Aunty Pauline was here, and they both had big grins on their faces, they had booked me in with them to travel to Melbourne with the Lady Bowlers to see the stage show performance of "The Jersey Boys". We left Yarrawonga by tour bus Wednesday morning at 6.45am , which to me is the middle of the night, and we didn't get back home until 9pm, it was a long day but well worth it. If you get a chance to catch the show, do so, its bloody brilliant!

Thursday morning its up again and out the house by 7.30am, to travel to Wangaratta for mum to have her right eye done (cataract surgery), so its back to drops every four hours, blurred eyesight, and alot of bossing around !!! and I must say she is not being as co-operative as the first time round, I'm finding it REALLLLYYYY hard keeping her off of her computer and out of the garden.





Keeping mum out of her garden is like keeping the pope out of a church, I turn my back for a few minutes only to find her pulling a weed or two, mum blames it on this beautiful spring weather we are having, she says "it just inspires you to get out of the house and in amongst the dirt and weeds and start prettying things up" .
.... well I'm not much of a gardener, to tell you the truth, the green thumb jumped me altogether, I kill off more than I manage to nurture. I also suffer badly with "hayfever", hence I dont find gardening relaxing at all, its a darn chore that I'd rather pass on to someone else to do .... anywayyyyyyyy .... being the GOOD daughter that I am, I dose myself up with anti-histamine, gear up - gloves, rakes, shovels and other unknown implements, that mum assures me that I will need, and I hit the garden. Mum grabs her camera, as this is a very monumentos occassion, and worthy of taking a few snaps!


Removing the dead "bits" from the pots

Getting in amongst it all


Penny wanting to play ball, not garden .. she won !!!!
Wellllll, after fighting off spiders, lizards and other creepy crawlies, I call it quits.
Its time to clean up and head inside to start my next lot of chores, making a cuppa and cooking her Ladyships dinner. I must say I didnt realise how many darn "cuppas" my mother drank until I had to start making them all !
Until next time, have fun, stay safe and think of me sitting here scratching, sneezing and cursing her bloody garden.
Nurse Cazz
xxooxx
PS: Mum insists that I finish off with a few jokes, so keep on reading and have a laugh.



A man walks out to the street and catches a taxi just going by.
He gets into the taxi and the cabbie says, "Perfect timing.

Cabbie: "You're just like Frank"
Passenger: "Who?"
Cabbie: "Frank Feldman.
He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happened like that to Frank Feldman every single time."
Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over everybody."
Cabbie: "Not Frank Feldman. He was a terrific athlete.
He could have won the Grand Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing guy."
Passenger: "Sounds like he was something really special."
Cabbie: "There's more ... He had a memory like a computer.
He remembered everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything.
Not like me. I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out.
But Frank Feldman, he could do everything right.."
Passenger: "Wow, some guy then."
Cabbie: "He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them.
But Frank, he never made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good.
He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too.
He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake.
No one could ever measure up to Frank Feldman."
Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"
Cabbie: "Well, I never actually met Frank.
He died ... I'm married to his f***ing widow." And she Knows Everything,,,


~~~~~~~~~

To end with Little Johnny!!! .

Little Johnny attended a horse auction with his father.
He watched as his father moved from horse to horse, running his hands up and down the horse's legs, rump, and chest.
After a few minutes, Johnny asked, 'Dad, why are you doing that?' His father replied, 'Because when I'm buying horses, I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy them.
Johnny, looking all worried, said, 'Dad, I think the Telstra guy wants to buy Mum.'


~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Johnny's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local Police Station where they saw pictures tacked to a bulletin board of the 10 most wanted criminals. One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person. 'Yes,' said the policeman.
'The detectives want very badly to capture him.' Little Johnny asked, 'Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?
'


~~~~~~

A mother took five-year-old Johnny with her to the bank on a busy lunchtime.
They got behind a very fat woman wearing a business suit complete with pager.
After waiting patiently for a few minutes, the little Johnny said loudly, "Wow, she's fat! The
mother bent down and whispered in the little Johnny's ear to be quiet.


A couple more minutes passed by and little Johnny stretched his arms out as far as they would go and announced; "I'll bet her bum is this wide!" The fat woman turned around and glared at the little Johnny.



The mother gave him a good telling off, and told him to be quiet. After a brief lull, the large woman reached the front of the queue.
Just then her pager begin to emit a "beep, beep, beep". Then little Johnny yelled out, "Everybody run for your life, she's reversing!!"


~~~~~~~~~

18 Comments:

Anonymous merle said...

Dear Carol ~~ Thank you so much for the news of your Mum. I am so glad all the ops are over and hopefully her sight will be wonderful when this one heals. Well done on the gardening
and nice pics of you doing it.

Jan ~~ Please do behave and do what Nurse Carol say to do, and you will get better quicker. And then you can make up for lost time. The jokes were great. We all love Little Johnnie jokes.

Do take great care, both of you.
Don't kill each other. Glad you all enjoyed the Jersey Boys.
Lots of Love, Merle.

October 19, 2009 9:20 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

Jan, listen to your nurse and behave yourself. Looks like you are in good hands and blessed with garden help. LOL

October 19, 2009 11:24 pm  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Keeping mum out of her garden is like keeping the pope out of a church... I love that!

JAN: get well soon!

;->...

October 20, 2009 12:05 am  
Blogger Winifred said...

What a lovely posting. You have to listen to your nurse Jen, they always know best. Daughters to although I thought it was it was mothers!

She's great doing your gardening though. What a gem!

I love to sit in the garden and read but nothing much grows, other than weeds no matter how much I do. I've done no gardening at all this summer. What a lazy cat! I have no excuse the weather was OK and we don't have nasties either.

Love that cabbie story.

October 20, 2009 12:14 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Jan ~~ Just a quick note to tell you I left an award for you on my blog. Hope you enjoy it.
Love, Merle.

October 20, 2009 12:33 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Carol
Your post was HYSTERICAL. I was laughing so hard the jokes were not necessary.
My 90 year old MIL is getting better so I feel your pain. heehee
Peace be with you

October 20, 2009 2:53 am  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy...enjoy the Spring weather. I can only imagine how tough it is not to get out and work in the garden when there is always such a promise of summer's beauty in the near future. But, Jen, you must HEAL first!!!

Thinking about you. And thanks for the update dear "Nurse"

October 20, 2009 2:55 am  
Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

That must be hard on your mum to behave herself, glad she is doing good. You are a good daughter helping out, she appreciates it more than you will ever know.

October 21, 2009 6:25 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Carol:-) So glad to read an update on the patient...Jen, do I have to go over there and make you listen to your nurse??? hehe We know she's getting the best of care with you there, Carol, and don't let her boss you around too much! lol All kidding aside, I'm thinking of you, Jen, and pray that your eyes are all healed up in no time:-) xoxo

October 21, 2009 6:30 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hey Jeanette...let Carol wait on you -- and enjoy the special care.

October 21, 2009 7:32 am  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks so much for the update on Jen!

Take care!

Junie

October 22, 2009 12:57 am  
Blogger Tinsie said...

Haha sounds as if your mum's keeping you busy ;-)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

October 22, 2009 9:09 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Jan ~~ I am so sorry the left eye has complications and hope it soon comes good. Patty Lincoln had her second one done today, but her sight improved heaps after the first one. She was told not to bend from the waist for awhile or lift anything heavy etc. I am sorry the drops sting. Do be careful Jan.
Peter has had Vicki up there for a week and bought a new car. I told him he would have to take a trip down in it. Love always, Merle.

October 22, 2009 11:40 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

You're a wonderful daughter to your naughty mum, Carol. But congratulations to her for getting her cataracts done. The only downfall is that now she'll see everything you do!

Thanks for the jokes...I could have done with the laugh yesterday...but that's gone and today's lovely.

Now make sure you keep Her Ladyship in line...she needs it!

October 23, 2009 9:43 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Carol and Jan, Its good that you are able to look after Mum Caz, and you should just sit back and enjoy it Jan.

October 24, 2009 12:59 am  
Blogger Jo said...

Glad there were photos to prove your work in the garden, at first i thought they would have been snaps of a few drinks or two near the garden.

Glad you in that gardn ..not me, last time i helped mum in the garden she had to rescue a plant that I thought was a weed and re plant it... lol

have fun u2, and see you soon mum I promise xoxoxx

October 25, 2009 2:35 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL Carol, I also thought your post was funnier than the jokes! Love to your Mum, and hope her eyes are AOK again very soon, so she can visit my blog and see the latest photos of our dingo pups!

October 26, 2009 12:49 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Carol/Jen,Glad to see your keeping her under control and sort of behaving. I bet she dying to get out among the weeds and soil. Good jokes too.Bob

November 14, 2009 6:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home