Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My 70th Birthday Bash

This was atop my cake, was Gold colour but didnt scan true to colour.
To start my 70th birthday journey Friday 21August and ending Sunday 23rd , firstly Donna picked me up then we headed to Shepparton were we met up with Carol and we hit the shops for some retail therapy and had lots of fun.HEHEHE girls didnt see camera in my bag till i was well dressed, (See photo's)before heading to Friars,where Carol's hubby Ian , Kayne, his g/f Emma and a friend of theirs joined as for a lovely long lunch before heading home.for a couple hours rest before Gary, Chris and family arrived followed by Joanne, Colin and family for the weekend.


Thank you to my beautiful family for making this weekend so special with lots of love fun and happiness shown and had by all..


Donna and carol trying on some outfits
Donna trying on a pair of Harem pants.
Love the socks girls match the outfits well. LOL

Carol in a brown tiered dress

Lunch at Friars an old converted church,It was to dark to take photo's inside
Jen, Grandson Kayne, his GF Emma and Isla a Norway exchange student

Birthday Cake, yum yum.

With all of my beautiful grown up children .
L-R: Joanne,Donna. Myself, Carol & Gary.

My beautiful grandchildren

My niece Leanne and Donna
My happy family enjoying the evening. What a beautiful action photo

Eldest Grandson Michael with Mum, Carol
The youngest grandchild. Liam Enjoying a piece of birthday cake

Dear friends
Michael and Nan
Tucking into the lovely grub

Gary leading the happy birthday chorus
My sister Pauline had something to say
Taking the first piece of cake
and to end this blog with the Yummy first taste.

A good weekend was had by all

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Reader Wil said...

Dear Jen! A very happy birthday to you! It must have been a very great party! I wish you lots and lots of wonderful birthdays parties in the years to come!

August 26, 2009 1:12 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

A very happy (unfortunately belated) Birthday !! What a wonderful party you had, with all your family around ! 70 is a round nr. in 4 years I will join the club 7 too, lol ! You look great !

August 26, 2009 1:37 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I`m sure that was all worth getting another year older for:-) hehe Oh Jen, how wonderful that you were able to celebrate your birthday with your family and by the looks of the photos, you all had a really fun time:-) And look at that cake! You have a beautiful family who love you very much...you`re truly blessed!! xoxo

August 26, 2009 3:20 am  
Blogger Marcus said...

Happy Birthday Jen.
Take care

August 26, 2009 3:57 am  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi Jeanette, Sorry I missed your birthday. Looks like you had a good time without me anyway so thats good. Bob.

August 26, 2009 5:07 am  
Blogger Marjorie said...

I'm glad you had such a fun, festive 70th birthday, may you have many more. :)

August 26, 2009 10:11 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

70?

Honestly, Jeanette, I thought you were still in you fifties. You look wonderful.

Happy Belated Birthday. It looks like you had a wonderful day.

Janice~

August 26, 2009 12:59 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Great photos of what was obviously a grand Birthday Jan.

August 26, 2009 10:32 pm  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

That is a GRAND burpday celebration and what lovely family to share your day or days. The burpday cake is most unusual. Did it have 70 round balls? It does look YUMMY> Peace

August 27, 2009 12:31 am  
Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

This is a lovely post, I enjoyed all your pictures and the fun you all had. That was some birthday cake, glad you had a wonderful time. I thank you for coming by and commenting.

August 27, 2009 1:14 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Wish I'd known earlier - I would have sent you a card. I have the perfect card for an old person like you - ha ha!! Glad you had such a great time on your 70th, Jen - congratulations!!!!

August 27, 2009 1:46 am  
Blogger Meggie said...

Wow Looking Great for 70!! Many Happy Returns for you! What lovely photos Jen.

August 27, 2009 8:04 am  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Congrats for your 70th Jeanette! Being with family is what its all about. I can see you had a wonderfull time. Keep the cheer rolling, I know you celebrate each day as special and I love to share your fun in your blog. Marilyn xoxo

August 27, 2009 7:49 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Jen, it looks like you had fun on your 70th! I am glad for you.

Soon you will be catching up with Merle and me! Don't let anyone kid you, 70 is YOUNG compared to 75 and almost 76!

On my 70th birthday I had planned to run away. I told Mrs. Jim and others and said I would call when I got to where I was going. But I wouldn't tell where that might be.

It turned out I did run away, but with Karen and Mrs. Jim. Karen was running the New York City Marathon and her friend couldn't come. So she invited us. That was fun.
I said I would run away for 75 but I was too pooped to do that. No, actually I did run away to Guatamala, but again with friends. It was the mission trip and I went even though Mrs. Jim couldn't.

On my 80th?

Happy Birthday again, you only have one # 70 Day and a lot don't get that!
..

August 28, 2009 3:21 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I didn't think you were already 70, Jan...you don't look it. What a wonderful day you had and then the evening, too. A profiterole birthday cake...oh-h yuuuuummmmm!

Happy 70th.

August 28, 2009 4:32 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

G'Day Dear Jan ~~ I loved seeing all those happy family faces at your celebrations. You would miss dear Gwen, as she was always at those events. I am so glad you had a happy time dear friend. The cake looks wonderful and so was the ornament on top of it.
Thanks for your comments on the Dog Angel atory, it was popular.
I think all my aunties , an Mum and me look alike with some other cousins too. My grandmother was fond of saying, "Ten of the and not a dud among 'em" 2 boys and
8 girls. I am staying upright
and it is gradually getting a little warmer. Take great care
and look after yourself. Love, Merle.

August 30, 2009 12:12 am  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

My, my, my what a fun time you all must have had. It is always fun to party with family and friends.

September 02, 2009 7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home