Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back in the flow

Gday everyone,I hope alls well were ever you maybe. I have had a busy few days. thursday Played Social Indoor carpet bowls then in the evening We the club had a social evening had dinner , Friday my sister and I went to exercise class, played again Sunday in our Gala day event were teams come from all over as far away as Moama and Echuca, Albury and Wodonga,Benalla, Howlong, Tocumwal, Corowa. as well as our local teams.
Tuesday Went too Drs he was happy gave me good report put me on 6monthly visit .
Today Wednesday just got home from a schnitzel night put on by my club. I had a Aussie Chicken schnitzel topped with chopped Tomato's, bacon. cheese. and egg on top served with fresh salad, coleslaw and chips ohh was so yummy.
Tomorrow off to get my hair cut , and family comming for the weekend. well thats enoigh for now im off for an early night .
Now on with a few more Photo's Please enlarge any or all for a better look.

I took this cutting out of our daily newspaper
.Please enlarge to be able to read
Fishermen trying to catch a Murray cod they had a few small fish in the net the Lake not far from full see the water marks
Not a Ripple on the water on this very still day
The Lake is full again
Walking towards the Yarrawonga weir
A closer View with only one gate operating today
Looking in other direction down the Murray River
and Again

A walk amongst the Gum trees



A closer look at a couple of the trees


Looking back through the trees towards the Weir
Another lovely old Tree at edge of car park.



TO end with a lovely winter sunset.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

What a beautiful walk I did with you !
BTW the Aussi kitchen sounds very much like the English one ! For a week I only ate the traditional English food. Very different to the Belgian and even more to the Italian one !

August 20, 2009 12:59 am  
Blogger Peter said...

G'day Jan, nice to see the lake full again, don't know where they got the water from the Hume weir was desperately low when we came through there not long ago.

August 20, 2009 4:22 pm  
Blogger Meggie said...

I loved this post. Some beautiful photographs, & the Gums are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.xx

August 21, 2009 5:53 pm  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Jeanette:)

Many, many happy returns of the day. May God bless you and shower upon you all happiness today and for all days to come. I am sure you are having a wonderful time today.

Lovely post with plenty of interesting information. The photos are fantastic.


Best wishes Jeanette:)
Joseph

August 22, 2009 2:36 am  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Happy Birthday. Merle gave me the nod to stop by.

Love the photos.

August 22, 2009 3:40 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Our internet provider did an upgrade and I could not get on for a couple of days. Hope you had a GRAND BURPDAY. The photos are really nice especially those gum trees. How majestic. I made lots of Tn folks laugh with that rooster joke in the previous post. Peace

August 22, 2009 8:46 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday Jeanette!
Happy Birthday to You!

That's as good as I can sing, and besides Merle said your BDay was Friday (still is here).

I am glad you have water in your lake now, it looks pretty natural that way.

You are off to a good bowling season again this year it seems. I also can see bowling is a pretty think as it is here. Lots of after bowling 'hanging out.'

So, Happy Birthday Jeanette!
and Cheers,
..

August 22, 2009 12:13 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Lovely photos, Jan, especially the ones of that beautiful old ghost gum. Good to see the lake full again.

August 22, 2009 5:26 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Happy Birthday and many more to come.

August 23, 2009 12:18 am  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Happy belated birthday Jannette... your blog always make me smile. Marilyn xoxo

August 23, 2009 8:30 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, I forgot your birthday!! Please forgive me, dear Jen, just as I saw the comments, I remembered! I do hope you had a very Happy Birthday my friend.

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy with lots of fun stuff:-) Glad to hear you had such a good report at the doctor's!!

It's wonderful to see the lake full again. It looked so strange when it was empty!! Beautiful photos and I especially love the sunset ones, just gorgeous. xoxo

August 24, 2009 3:55 am  
Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice post, loved the pictures and my gosh you are a busy lady. Hope your Sunday was nice and thank you for coming by.

August 24, 2009 8:25 am  
Blogger Merle said...

G'day Dear Jan ~~ I am so glad you liked your card and I hope you really enjoyed your birthday. I look forward to the photos.
Thanks for your concern for my fall,but I was very lucky this time, and I don't plan of having any more!!!
Glad I had my pendant on and was able to summon John to help me up.
I am so pleased that your Doctor has given you 6 monthly visits, instead of the 3 monthly ones.
Take great care, dear friend,
Love, Merle.

August 24, 2009 6:38 pm  
Blogger Pamela said...

awwww... loverly!
I'd so enjoy a visit. Especially with schnitzel ha ha.

August 25, 2009 12:55 am  
Blogger Marjorie said...

Jeanette, I love your pictures the gums are spectacular.

Great Murray River pics. It must be pleasing to have the lake full at last, looks beautiful.

I hope you are enjoying lawn bowling, has it warmed up a bit? We are having great weather at the moment.

Enjoy. :)

August 25, 2009 11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home