Friday, July 20, 2007

A Little Humour





Hi everyone hope your all feeling well were ever you maybe. I have had a very quiet week and early nights trying to get over my virus that turned into bronchitis, as I am going to Melbourne Saturday for my Granddaughter Serayha's 21st birthday party, her Birthday was the 19th ,im staying at my Son Gary's andChristines home will also see Nathan as it was his 10th birthday on 17th
and back home again Sunday. As Monday we have A Indoor bowls 25th anniversary Dinner,I have a very busy few days ahead,and will take my camera and post plenty of photo's
will visit you all on my return.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Little Boy
One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque.
It was covered with names with small American flags mounted on either side of it.
The seven year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly, "Good morning Alex." "Good morning Pastor," he replied, still focused on the plaque.
"Pastor what is this?" he asked. The pastor said, "Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."
Soberly they stood together, staring at the large plaque.
Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear,asked,
"Which service, the 8:30 or the 10:45?".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Miss Beatrice,
the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married.
She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.
One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room.
She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.
As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a
cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it.
The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom!
When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its
strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist
"Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl.
"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park
a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground.
The directions said to place it on the organ,
keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease.
Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Three Little Pigs
Three Little Pigs went out to dinner one night. The waiter came and took their drink order.
" I would like a Sprite," said the first little piggy.
"I would like a Coke," said the second little piggy.
"I want beer, lots and lots of beer," said the third little piggy.

The drinks were brought out and the waiter took their orders for dinner.
"I want a nice big steak," said the first piggy.
"I would like the salad plate," said the second piggy.
I want beer, lots and lots of beer," said the third little piggy.
The meals were brought out and a while later the waiter approached the table and asked if the piggies would like any dessert.
"I want a banana split," said the first piggy.
"I want a cheesecake," said the second piggy.
"I want beer, lots and lots of beer," exclaimed the third little piggy.
"Pardon me for asking," said the waiter to the third little piggy,"
But why have you only ordered beer all evening?"

You're gonna LOVE me for this....
The third piggy says -
"Well, somebody has to go 'Wee, wee, wee, all the way home!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

I hope you have a good party Jeanette.

July 21, 2007 5:55 am  
Blogger RUTH said...

Glad you're on the mend...bronchitus can really knock you for six. Have a wonderful time at the party and Happy Birthday to Serayha and Nathan.
Really loved the Three Little Pigs joke :o)
Rx

July 21, 2007 8:05 am  
Blogger Susan said...

Enjoy your visits and parties.
Susan

July 21, 2007 10:11 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hahahahaha! Loved sweet Miss Beatrice!

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, Jen, and you've got such a busy time ahead of you. Be careful, don't go overdoing it now.

Take care

Hugs xoxo

July 21, 2007 2:23 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ I hope you are feeling much better and well enough to enjoy the parties. I hope Serayha has a wonderful 21st birthday and I hope Nathan enjoyed his 10th. You look after yourself my friend, and don't overdo it and stay sick longer. Just to cheer you a little I have tagged you with an award that Peter sent to me. Talk to you when you get home. Take great care, Love, Merle.

July 22, 2007 1:09 am  
Blogger Gledwood said...

... died in the service ..! i love that one !!

July 22, 2007 2:42 am  
Blogger Gledwood said...

howzit going btw??

July 22, 2007 2:43 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

wee wee wee..... my favorite

July 22, 2007 5:27 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Again gone ? Wish you a lot of fun !

July 22, 2007 6:44 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

Hope you are feeling better and can't wait to read about your busy weekend. I loved the jokes today and had to pass them on to William

July 23, 2007 12:27 am  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Jeanette, hope you are well and truly on the mend now.
Hope the parties went well on the weekend.
Looking forward to hopefully catching up in September ... I will be in touch with details when I have them !!
Take care, Meow

July 23, 2007 9:42 am  
Blogger Val said...

Now you see, if you had tried Miss Beatrice's method, you wouldn't have got the flu! Gee that was funny!

July 23, 2007 4:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun visit and thanks for the humor. I got a big laugh out of them.

July 23, 2007 11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home