Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Christmas / New Year Celebrations.

Im back.
G'day everyone hope all's well with you and yours where ever you maybe .and I hope you have all had the best Christmas and New year celebrations ever.

Well my house is very quiet now all has gone home. I am very well but a little tired I have had a wonderfull time , surrounded by family and friends.

Now on with a few photo's as promised .

My Christmas started early 23rd Dec Pauline's birthday and Christmas lunch at the Club
Roast pork, ham and turkey followed by plum pudding custard and cream.
L/r: Pauline . Brian & Gwen

On returning home my new outdoor setting had arrived 'Brett, Kayne, Donna & Rylie unpacking and assembling my new setting.
Complete
Dinner and drinks on the back patio@ Brett and Donna's Christmas eve L/R: Brett,Maddison, Myself, Donna,Kayne.Ian & Carol
After Dinner Carol and Myself took Rylie and Maddi to see the Christmas lights while Mum (Donna)and Dad (Brett)were busy getting things ready for Santa
Maddison and Rylie
Christmas Lunch @ Brett & Donna's
Entree of Prawns and Morton bay bugs followed by tradional Christmas lunch, and finished off with plum pudding ,brandy custard , plain custard and cream
Around the table: L/R. Donna, Ian, Brett, Serayha,Kayne,Carol, Maddison & Rylie.
A great day was had by all
Roscoe ( Donna's) Dog keeping an eye on Zoe looking at the camera & her pups, (Carol's dogs)

Boxing Day 26th. Dec .My family and friends starting to arrive .
Colin. Joanne, Liam, Irene. Ron Carol and Ian

Timothy, Liam and Kara
Colin just tipped a bottle of water over Joanne. She got even later, when Colin thought he was safe he copped a bucket of water.so joanne had the last laugh..along with everyone else.
Around the Table,L/R: Gary, Timothy, Colin, Joanne, Lee& Liam
Joanne, Alyce and Marc with a few of the kids in the background
the pool had plenty of use. Day and well into the evening

Nathan & Marc

Enjoying a few drinks early New Years Eve

Ian, Carol & Joanne enjoying the evening

Marc & Kristy

Marc ,Kristy & Chris Gary , Nathan & the boys just back from fishing
Nathan with his Murray Cod Caught on Cheese..

Gary cleaned and prepared them for cooking
Yummy!!!! they were Delicious


Joanne Washing Liam's face and hands after finishing a bowl of pasta,with Timothy and Nathan looking onCant leave the dogs out.
Jack (Joanne's)the pups father looking at camera . Bonnie
Penny, Millie & Zoe.

Pauline's grandaughter Charley the pool to herself taking Penny for a swim to cool down
Molly (Gary and Christine's Dog) and Penny after their swim

Myself and Pauline relaxing with a Brandy and Dry.
A good time was had by all
Thats all folk I promise to get around to visiting you all in the next few days.
Cheers. Jen.

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks for sharing the wonder time had at your home. Congrats to the young fisherman and with cheese.
The dogs seemed to be having as much fun as their owners. Puppy moved out yesterday so I do understand about quite.
Please tell me what Morton bay bugs happen to be?
Peace

January 12, 2009 3:40 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Jen,
Looks like a good time was had by all including the Dogs.I just can't imagine having Christmas in the Sun, swimming etc.Its the coldest winter spell for years here in Devon.

January 12, 2009 5:38 am  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

It is always nice to get together with friends and family. I can see why they all come to your house. So much space to run and romp in. And the swimming pool is a big bonus for all to have a fun time. So a little water got spilled on one another, so what, just go jump in the pool and get wet all over! hee, hee.
Enjoyed the pictures of your family and friends.

Ann

January 12, 2009 6:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pictures. Seems funny to see summertime photos when it is winter here. Next thing you know it will be the other way around. Does it get cold there in the winter? It's in the low 70s here today but in some parts of the U.S. it is cold cold cold.
Thanks for visiting my doll blog.
Blessings,
Charlotte

January 12, 2009 8:32 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dear Jan ~~ Great photos and it
looks as if everyone had a wonderful
time. I know the girls would help you with everything, but hope you didn't get too tired. Thanks for your comments and I am waiting for Michelle and Pam to arrive. Really looking forward to seeing them.
Glad you liked the story of Kyle
and the jokes. Take care my friend,
Much love, Merle.

January 12, 2009 12:29 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

That outdoor setting got plenty of use, Jen. Good buy. I love your pool...a nice big one. It's lovely when the weather is warm enough to swim at night.

I can see why you're feeling a bit tired now...what a marathon of guests you had. It's lovely to see them and it's lovely to have the house to oneself again, isn't it?

All the best for 2009, Jen.

Hugs.

January 12, 2009 1:35 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Your new set looks very nice ! I wished I could celebrate Christmas like you in a T-shirt ! I should have been born in Australia ! We have - 11 °C which is very unusual for Brussels ! In the Ardennes it went down to - 19°C ! Hasn't happened since 20 years !

January 12, 2009 5:10 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mate.
Looks like you all had fun,I'm not sure yet but I might make up for this S..T one next year ????

January 12, 2009 7:45 pm  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

G'day Jen! I love your photos and the meals and the garden and the pool! And ... everything you showed. Fancy being in an outdoor pool at Christmas. We were skating, see my photos.

January 12, 2009 8:37 pm  
Blogger Red Clover said...

It looks like you had just a wonderful holiday season! That's great to have so many people around. I am happy for you. Welcome back.

January 13, 2009 2:33 pm  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with family and friends.
Happy New Year to you.
Smiles.

January 14, 2009 6:01 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Where's the snow??? hehe I'm so used to having Christmas with snow, it's strange for me to see people in shorts and in the swimming pool and talking of Christmas at the same time! lol What a wonderful family you have, dear Jen, and it certainly looked like they were all having a great time, look at all those smiling faces:-) It's no doubt you were tired after everyone had left but how blessed that you could all be together for the holidays!

It's -24c right now and getting colder by the minute. They're saying on the news that we'll see -40c with the wind chill factor by later tonight. Brrrrrrr....xoxo

January 14, 2009 10:30 am  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Looks like everyone had good holidays. :o)

Like Pea, it's cold here so it's strange to see all your crowd celebrating in the pool and with shots on.

Hope you're having a great week, Jen.

Love and hugs,

Diane

January 14, 2009 2:10 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Wow, you are a real Party Animal, Jen! I'm not that much younger than you, but my party days are long behind me!! Love your new outdoor setting - goes well with everything else on your patio.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog re my MIL.

January 15, 2009 2:06 am  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Jen hi! just the photos I love to see "filled with family and friends" looks like a great Christmas break was had at your place that is for sure.

Now take a little break for yourself and rest up a bit nothing worse then feeling a little tired.

Lee-ann

January 15, 2009 7:13 am  
Blogger Peter said...

G'day, G'day, what a houseful you have had, now you need to rest up a little!!!

January 15, 2009 3:05 pm  
Blogger Pamela said...

a young man in our bird watching group was headed this week to Australia. When he was talking about it I thought, "Can I tag along, I think I'd like to go sit on the patio with Jeanette"

giggle.

January 15, 2009 3:57 pm  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ I loved all the pictures especially the one of the three little reindeer! The bad part about having all those guests is that when they leave, you think that you've gone deaf because it is SO QUIET compared to when they were there! Everyone lloks very happy, so I am glad you had a GREAT Christmas! ~ jb///

January 16, 2009 8:28 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Dear Jan ~~ Thanks for your comments. I had a lovely time with Pam and Michelle. Glad you liked the
"Paid in Full" story. It's nice to have some cooler days, ready for next week. At least I will have water - I trust. Keep cool my friend and take care of YOU.
Much love, Merle.

January 16, 2009 10:34 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jen, you had a very nice holiday time! We just finished a Caribbean holiday on the Queen Mary 2, coming back this Tuesday.

That means returning to the cold (30's around here in the evenings last couple of nights).

I have started to blog again now after a two week break (did put on a poem on the other blog yesterday). I hope I can keep up now but it may still be slow going for me.
-->So come see me at Jim's Little Blog <--
..

January 17, 2009 4:49 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Dear Jan ~~ I hope you are OK and not still getting over all the visitors.It sure was awful last Wednesday and this week looks like being hot all week.
Take care and try to stay cool my friend, Love, Merle.

January 18, 2009 11:28 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately but I'm glad that I'm beginning to recover.

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. It's great to see everyone having a wonderful time. I could tell that the dogs had their own way of enjoying the festivities.

January 22, 2009 12:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cod looked under suize

January 29, 2013 1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home