Friday, October 31, 2008

KOOKA

Hi everyone, hope your all feeling on top of the world where ever you maybe. As I am feeling great .Daughter Joanne, Colin and family are comming tomorrow (Saturday) for the weekend . Know doubt the kids will want to get in the pool so have had the solar on to take the winter chill of the water today the water temp was 28c=82f just nice for the kids to enjoy..
Were having a 4 day long weekend here. Melbourne cup were a horse race stops a nation , all ways held 1st Tuesday in November A beautiful weekend with plenty of sunshine is forecast.
Will take a few photo's and post next week..

Now on with a few photo's of our local birds

As I drove into carpark of our local supermarket I spotted the swan taking a rest, at first I thought it may have been injured , by the time I finashed shopping it was gone so I presume it waddled back to the lake. First time I had seen a swan come across the road from the lake. was lucky I had my camera in the car and took these through my cars side window.

A little closer
still in supermarket carpark showing how close to the lake it is

I showed this Photo Quiet a while back but thought it was worth another showing.
Donna took this photo Of the Austalian Kookaburra (laughing Jackass) perched on the handlebars of one of the kids bikes from inside her home looking through her glass door .. If you go to the link I hope it laughs for you all.

These two are back nesting in Donna's driveway again

this and the next couple were taken last summer nesting in the gravel driveway
three eggs hard to see amongst the gravel
mother and one of her chicks. the 3 hatched
These 2 ducks are nesting on the side of a busy road outside Bowling club.

A closer look as I got close this one it started to move on..

White Cucktoo's sitting on the fence opposite my house
Pink Galahs opposte my house having a feed of onion grass( Noxious weed)
~~~~~~
Thats all folk.
I promise to get around to visit you very soon..
Cheers \_/\_/\_/

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

That was a lovely look at the different birds you get to enjoy. Yes he laughed for me. That could be a bit unnerving if he set and laughed all day or night close your home. The birds are fun to watch. And the white ones are beautiful. Are they wild or are they someones pets?

Have a lovely week-end with the family in the pool. Sounds wonderful!!

November 01, 2008 6:28 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Jen
Have great fun with your family on this long weekend. I love the birds. On our local public television station last week they had a docomentary of the Parrots in your part of the world. I would love to look out and see these beautiful birds. Wow, they sure adapt to any situation. Peace

November 01, 2008 7:36 am  
Blogger ArleneWKW said...

Nice pix. I remember a kid song that goes "Kookaburra sits on the old . . . tree . . . of the bush is he . . . " ". . ." is for the words I don't remember. I never knew what a kookaburra was. Now I do.

November 01, 2008 2:47 pm  
Blogger Liz said...

I remember that song "Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree merry merry king of bush is he" and so on. We used to sing it at school when I was about six or seven. Great shots Jen. We have a pair of Spur winged Plovers here on the farm. One of them chased the calf across the paddock the other day. One thing I miss are those wonderful birds - the last time I was over I stayed at Pacific Palms and I didn't want to leave - neither did my brother or my sister who live in Gosford. Sad to say we shoot black swans over here and brushtailed possums - the possums are such a bad pest but the joeys are really cute. Have a great time with your family.
All the best
Liz

November 01, 2008 6:36 pm  
Blogger Pearl said...

lovely photo's, I especially like the plovers.
the jokes are wonderful as usual.

November 01, 2008 9:59 pm  
Blogger megz_mum said...

Wow, a four day long weekend - lucky you! Hope your horse wins

November 01, 2008 11:19 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ Great photos of birds, I smiled at the whit cockies being pets,
more like pests. Love the Kooka, but he didn't laugh for me. will try again later. I hope you all have a wonderful
weekend. It's always good with family.
Thanks for your comments and I have a few meals cooked waiting for Peter and Warren. I am looking forward to seeing them. Take care, dear friend, Love, Merle.

November 02, 2008 1:13 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Love, LOVE the bird photos Jen! And it's such a wonderful time of year for you to enjoy the poolside, I'm sure. We spent the entire day Friday at our local beaches. Reading. It was so perfect. We need to do that more often.

Enjoy your company. And enjoy the long weekend holiday.

November 03, 2008 12:17 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I loved the pictures of the birds. Fancy having wild parrots in the neighborhood?

The ones with the egg that blends in, reminds me of the Kildear we have here. They're called that because they make a noise that sounds like their name.

Janice~

November 03, 2008 2:40 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mate.
Great shots of the birds,I always
knew you were stir crazy,but birds.
Enjoy the time with your family,I
will get around to see them.
See u soon xoxo

November 03, 2008 11:27 pm  
Blogger Dick said...

I recognize the geese and ducks but the others are new to me. There are some critters in Australia that don't exist anyplace else!

November 04, 2008 3:02 pm  
Blogger Red Clover said...

What fun pictures! What a world we live in. And how great is it to share the variety of our lives with people from all over the world. Thanks!!!

November 04, 2008 4:59 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jeanette -- I know you were having a good time with your company. It's always nice when the kids can come for a visit.

Do you call this your bird post or your post for the birds?
:-)
..

November 05, 2008 1:30 pm  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

Just rolling by to thank you for your visit and answering my question. I always love hearing from my bloggy friends from "down under."

Have a splendid week.

November 06, 2008 1:26 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

:> love to come birdwatching at your blog.

November 09, 2008 2:24 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

You've spotted a lot of great birds. I've only seen a Kookaburra on TV. Amazing that there are so many wild Cockatoos. There are expensive when bought at the pet shop.

November 11, 2008 10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home