Monday, November 26, 2007

Visit from Cazz

Hi Everybody, Last Weekend I had a lovely visit from My Daughter Carol, she arrived friday Evening, we stayed up chatting all night,and Carol showing me a few new games to play on the computer, getting to bed approx 4.30am. how time fly's when your having fun. Of course we had a sleep in.
Saturday off to the local Chicken shop were Carol bought heaps of fresh chicken, Kievs, Kebabs, Schnitzels, stir fry, etc. to restock her freezer.Then to Donna's to put it in her freezer of course it didnt all fit as Donna had hers well stocked., then back to try mine but of course mines well stocked also, . so most of the chicken ended up in my next door neighbours freezer.
With all the chicken packed away, it was off to Gwens for our saturday girls get together were Gwens friend and two of my daughters joined us.
we had a great afternoon which turned into evening with few drinks consumed fun was had by all..Sunday Carol gave me breakfast in bed and waited on me all day, then Carol went around to spend a couple of hours with Donna and her family before returning home early evening...

Carol of course (Click to enlarge )

At Gwen's. L/R.: Gwen's Friend Paula, My Sister Pauline, Myself, Gwen, and two of My daughters Donna and Carol,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To End with a few Friendship quotes


"My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson


If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance .
George Bernard Shaw:

The family is one of nature's masterpieces. George Santayana:

"A House Is Made of Bricks and Stone; A Home Is Made of Love Alone

"To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy..." - Guido
"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter." - Marlene Dietrick

"A friend is a gift you give yourself." - Robert Louis Stevenson,
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." - Henry Ford
"The best way to keep your friends is not to give them away." - Wilson Mizner
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dear Jan ~~ So glad you had a nice
visit from Carol. The photos are good
too. And I loved the friendship quotes. Very nice. Thanks for your comments, I love that Honk if you love Jesus joke. Can just imagine a little old lady giving the Hawaiian
good luck sign !! Take car, Love, Merle.

November 26, 2007 10:47 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Jan, nice to see everyone loking well... same for the previous post at the RSL in Shepparton.

November 26, 2007 11:46 pm  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

good pictures, good friends and family having fun. I am trying to read all that I missed while away.
Peace be with you.

November 27, 2007 3:20 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Jan:-) I've just caught up with your latest posts and how wonderful that you were able to meet up with Merle again...how I wish I could have been there with you too! I so enjoyed all the pictures, you are all looking so well:-) You also had a fabulous time when your daughter Carol came to visit you...I love spending time with my own mom so I know how much Carol enjoyed being with you:-) xox

November 27, 2007 11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again after you had the trouble with your computer.
I have not blogged in a long time but will . . . one of these days.
Take care~
Becky

November 27, 2007 1:05 pm  
Blogger Marion McCready said...

nice pics and great quotes, I've tagged you for a meme but only if you want to!

November 28, 2007 11:29 am  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like a wonderful time had by all....I had to laugh at the chicken/freezer escapades, that's typical, isn't it?

Happy Wednesday [golly, I just now thought to myself, your Wednesday is nearly over]

November 29, 2007 1:04 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Well it looks like your computer is better than ever, Jeanette! What sort of games did Carol show you? If you like jigsaw puzzles, there is a fabulous online one (freebie). You don't have to download it to your PC - you just select a picture and it is broken up into bits on your screen, and you move the bits with your mouse to put it all back together. Neat!

November 29, 2007 2:04 am  
Blogger Alice said...

Your girls are so pretty, just like their mom! I hope your daughter's chicken is now in her own freezer...or maybe her neighbor's too. :)

November 29, 2007 8:23 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mate
Could have sworn I left comment on this blog ,never mind here it is again.
Great blog but I'm not too sure about the crowd you hang with.Ha!Ha!

November 29, 2007 12:30 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Carol sounds a lovely daughter, Jen and how sweet of her to spoil you. But...you obviously deserve it.

Glad to hear you had such a great time together. It's these things that make memories.

Take care

November 29, 2007 12:39 pm  
Blogger Bob said...

I was fair worn out after reading about what you all got up too! I wonder what new games you got taught to play? Anyway I'm glad to see you got pampered a little bit, we all need more of that! Bob.

November 29, 2007 9:58 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

Happy for you and love your friends quotes!!!
Susan

December 01, 2007 1:24 am  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jeanette. Glad you had a nice weekend. Sometimes when you're having fun, it's easy to forget the time. I'm sure you had loads of fun that evening with your daughter, Carol.

Glad you spent quality with people close to you. Thanks for sharing these nice photos. I also enjoyed reading the lovely and inspiring quotes.

December 02, 2007 1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home