Friday, November 30, 2007

F A M I L Y

Hi All just a little story and a little laughter Tonight

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,

"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.

He said, "Please excuse me too; I wasn't watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said goodbye.
But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."
By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up,
" I said. "Are these the flowers you picked for me?
" He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."
I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way.
" He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway.
" I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue.
" FAMILY Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than into our own family, an unwise investment indeed, don't you think? So what is behind the story? Do you know what the word FAMILY means? FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that! When I found this recipe I thought it was perfect for people like me who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked but not dried out. Give this a try .
1 Large Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing1 cup of uncooked popcorn
salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 220C
Brush chicken well with melted butter,
salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.Place in baking pan with the neck end towards the back of the oven. Listen to the popping sounds.When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it is done. And you thought I couldn't cook!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``


WRIGLEY'S CHEWING GUM!
An Australian man was having a coffee and croissants with butter and
jam
in a cafe when an American tourist, chewing gum, sat down next to him.
The Australian politely ignored the American, who, nevertheless started
up a conversation.
The American snapped his gum and said, "You Australian folk eat the
whole bread?"
The Australian frowned, annoyed with being bothered during his
breakfast, and replied, "of course."
The American blew a huge bubble. "We don't. In the States, we only eat
what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle them
transform them into croissants and sell them to Australia ."
The American had a smirk on his face. The Australian listened in
silence.
The American persisted, "D'ya eat jam with your bread?"
Sighing, the Australian replied, "of course."
Cracking his gum between his teeth, the American said, "we don't. In
the States, we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels,
seeds and the leftovers in containers, recycle them,
transform them into jam and sell it to Australia .


The Australian then asked, "Do you have sex in the States?"
The American smiled and said "Why of course we do."
The Australian leaned closer to him and asked, "And what do you do with
the condoms once you've used them?"

"We throw them away, of course!"
Now it was the Australian's turn to smile.
"We don't. In Australia , we put them in a container, recycle them,
melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to the United States .

Why do you think it's called Wrigley's?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IF MY BODY WERE A CAR

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull ...
But that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.My traction is not as graceful as it once was.I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather. My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.
It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.
My fuel rate burns inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it --
Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter.....either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Fools are like other folks as long as they are silent. - Danish (on foolishness)

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread. - Alexander Pope (1688-1744)

For every bow there is an arrow. (For everyone there is someone.) - unknown

For news of the heart, ask the face.- Guinean (on life and living)

Forgive and forget. - unknown

Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Forethought is easy, repentance is hard. - Chinese (on discretion)

Forewarn'd, forearm'd. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

Fire in the heart sends smoke into the head. - German Proverb

First come, first served. - unknown

First food, then religion. - Afghan (on practicality)

First things first. - G. Jackson (1894)

Fish don't get caught in deep water. - Malay (on caution and care)

Fishing without a net is merely bathing. - Hausa (West African) (on authenticity)

Focus on what's right in your world instead of what's wrong. - unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 Comments:

Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jen ~ I loved the part about FAMILY... but as for the gum... It may be a while before I buy a pack of Wrigley's without thinking of you Aussies! ~ jb///

December 02, 2007 12:31 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jan ~~ You've gone and upset Jerry
now, but maybe he doesn't chew gum.
Great post, I got that family one too and it's good.and so were the jokes and quotes
and the chicken recipe is so funny. I am
having a night off, been cooking roast lamb dinners etc. Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the last couple of posts. BTW I could not open the Christmas card, but thank you anyway.
Take care. and try to keep cool.Love, Merle.

December 02, 2007 1:10 am  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

The first one really moved me. I feel ashamed whenever I lose my patience because of my son but when it comes to other people, I can be more understanding and patient.

December 02, 2007 1:27 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

LOL , you got me with the Turkey.

Ah your story reminded me of Mother saying "You are not better than anyone else and they are not better than you so treat others they way you wish to be treated.

I always tell Puppy to take his Manners with him when he leave the house.

Have a great weekend.
peace

December 02, 2007 2:35 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

You should read my Thursday 13 about families, lol !
You didn't go on my other blog where I published about Egypt. You stopped at the salad, lol ! But we had other things too of course.
How is the weather over there ? I so much envy you here it's so cold and wet !

December 02, 2007 2:36 am  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I loved the Family thing very much. It's so true- I have noticed this many times!

Enjoyed all the other things too. The chicken recipe is a good one-hahaha


Junie

December 02, 2007 3:29 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm glad I don't buy gum! LOL Oh Jen, that story of FAMILY is just beautiful and so true...we do tend to treat strangers better than our family at times. Now you've got me wanting to buy popping corn when I cook my turkey...I want to see that sucker get blown out of the oven! ROFL Love it!! xox

December 02, 2007 11:29 am  
Blogger Rusty in Miami said...

Very nice story about the family and we all should remember.

December 02, 2007 1:03 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Jan, I see we have the same model car!!!

December 03, 2007 12:58 am  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I don't know what happened to my 1st version of this comment!

But I was trying to say:

Your story brings right home to me the meaning of that (probably Victorian-) English expression...

..."CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME"..!!

;->...

December 03, 2007 3:42 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Jen, you are so right about family. We can totally take each other for granted.

Good post.

December 03, 2007 10:31 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jen,

My dad use to chew Wriggles, and now I won't be able to look at gum without think of . . . you know.

Janice~

December 03, 2007 7:04 pm  
Blogger meggie said...

Ah! You are a ray of sunshine!! I hope you are well! Hugs, XX

December 03, 2007 7:36 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Jan ~~ Read this again tonight, just before I go to bed.
Great post. Thanks for your comments~
The Best Dad was a nice story and Jacob and Rebecca and their Bridal registry was funny. Good luck at Pennant tomorrow. Nice to see a bit of rain. Take care, Love, Merle.

December 04, 2007 12:56 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Ken consumes a packet of PK a week. He might not any more if I give him that joke to read!

December 04, 2007 6:26 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very much so am I spitting my gum out.
Right NOW!!!

December 09, 2007 11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home