Monday, August 28, 2006

DARWIN CROCODILE FARM

Hi Everyone
Not a lot to report tonight .
My friends Ron and Irene went home yesterday (Sunday) after spending 12 days with me .Today started out with a couple of phone calls 1st to see if i was
playing bowls or just attending the opening luncheon tomorrow I opted to
play a few ends then lunch ,the 2nd call i think was just checking up on me.
Then ended up at my friend Gwens .
You might like to pop over and make her feel welcome.
Now to finish off with a few more holiday photo's
---------------------------------
Darwin Crocodile farm houses more than 15,000 saltwater crocs producing
skins and meat for export. . Huge tourist park.
See Snowy the world's largest white croc.
Im glad its him in there and not me .
This lagoon has many large Crocs in it and there only another
Keeper in there with a Bloody large stick while this one feeds the
crocs with fresh chickens

2 comming up for a feed


Snowy the world's largest white croc.

well the sign says it all

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I would not like to be the one to upset any of these crocs. The Pig certainly does look very grumpy and very large. I don't think the kepper is in any danger of me trying to take his job. Great photos! Cheers Margaret

August 29, 2006 12:02 am  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

We happened to buy a CD of Aussie classics by this guy when we were Down Under. Still can't get them out of my mind! We went to Australia's Zoo and saw these big guys in the Crockatorium (or whatever it was called.) These guys are SCARY! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. ~ jb///

August 29, 2006 9:10 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Jan ~~ The photos are quite scary enough for me. I think I am glad I have not seen them in the flesh. Thanks for your comments and good wishes. I hope you do well at bowls, but don't overdo.
Take care, Love, Merle.

August 29, 2006 9:34 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Jan, the Pig sure looks a mean son of a gun doesn't he, not one I would want to tangle with.

August 30, 2006 12:45 am  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Crocodiles are such fascinating creatures, don't you think. I do, however, prefer them on the other side of the fence to where I am !!! It was quite scary when travelling to Cape York, knowing that they were lurking in the rivers where we were camped ... made me shiver just thinking about it !!!
Hope you are having a great week.
Take care, Meow

August 30, 2006 10:42 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jen,

Pig is a crock?

I wouldn't want to be very close to these crocks at feeding time, as they look big enough to eat a person.

Janice~

August 30, 2006 5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mum, I hope everything is fine.
Hey, guess what? The bike and rack finally arrived from Darwin today.(Six weeks later) You sure did pick Doggy Brothers Transport. LOL... I thought they were riding the bike down instead of transporting the bloody thing..

Go Tigers!

August 30, 2006 10:42 pm  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jen,
I'm glad to see these crocs by picture only! They look like they get hungry often!!

August 31, 2006 1:34 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow, great photos and so scary too!

Thanks for your visiting and nice comment about my dog Flora, sunset and orchid! You are very gentle!
I will comeback soon!
Have a nive weekend!

September 02, 2006 1:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home