Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Big THANK YOU to All

I would firstly like to thank everyone for there concern and prayers regarding my health and recent hospital visit. I am yet to get the pathology results on the growth that was removed, but fingers crossed, they got it all and I wont be spending anymore time in hospital in the near future. As Carol pointed out anaesthetic and myself are not the best of friends, but I have made a swift and fast recovery and are feeling again on top of it all.

Secondly my birthday, where do I start !!!

Merle, you are correct, I haven't reached 70 yet, got a FEW years still before I reach that milestone. I'm not sure how others feel about their age, but to say that I am now 67 doesn't sound as daunting, as to say I have a 46yr old daughter , and my eldest grandchild is 23 and the youngest has just turned 3 !!! The upside to it is when Carol and I are together and out shopping, people always ask if we are sisters !!! I'm not sure if that is an insult to Carol or a compliment to me - I take the compliment, Carol just smiles and says "come on sis, lets keep moving" !!!

Carol, thank you for for posting this beautiful poem on my birthday, and sharing it with everyone, I loved it when you first put it on your web site all those "moons" ago, and still do.

Peter, mmmm... "best catch in Yarra", I laughed when I read that remembering the conversation that you had extracted it came from !! Am looking forward to your next visit and hope you, Vicki and Rex have a great time at the "Musta".

To everyone else that left best wishes, I once again thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to reading all your comments, and enjoy my visits to your bloggs. It has been a really different experience for me, how we all get to now each other, sharing our lives and interests, becoming friends, although alot of us have never met. I like nothing more than making my "morning cuppa" and sitting down to browse and read what my friends have been upto, where they are going, where they are going next or just to have a good laugh.

I had many phone calls and emails from family and friends especially from my beautiful kids Carol, Gary & Joanne and their families. Donna, Brett and family came over for dinner as they live close by, along with my good friends Ron & Irene who are still here with me. We had a lovely roast lamb & veggies, followed by a birthday cake for desert. Here are a few snaps that were taken on the night, and please NO COMMENT regarding the FLAME on top of the cake, I was waiting a call from the fire department .. I mean 67 candles does make for a lot of glow !!!

The birthday girl with 3 of my beautiful grandchildren - Kayne (standing) Rylie (left) Maddison (right) and Ron



Okay the candles are all blown out (with a little help), its time to cut the cake, the girls are keeping a close watch that I dont touch the bottom, because we all know that if you do, you have to kiss the closest boy - YUCK !!!



My mate Irene or as we affectionatly call her "izee". Notice the glass is empty and the slight glow to the cheeks, yes we were having a few Brandy & Dry's. Of course for me it was medicinal !!



Ron & Irene in my back yard, winding down after a big day.

9 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jeanette,
Sorry I missed the birthday post, but I'm sending you every good wish for the year ahead!
Looks like it was a fun party!
Glad you're feeling much better after all the medical procedures..
:-)

August 24, 2006 4:47 am  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Sorry I missed your Birthday post.
That was a beautiful poem...
I am caught up in a whirlwind of Birthday's myself...I have eaten way to much chocolate cake and there is more to come....Since the recipients live to far away to eat them...well we can't let them go to waste now can we?
My eldest Brothers birthday was the 20th, My Mums is today, and my Sons is tomorrow...Wow!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
I am so glad to hear you are on the mend. The pictures are great!
I am glad you had a great Birthday!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

August 24, 2006 6:02 am  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad you're back and well. And happy for the good report. Of course you are waiting for ONE MORE good report.
That takes about a week? That's what they told Mrs. Jim but something must have gone wrong and it took a couple of weeks.
Best wishes!
..
I came close, I guess we all did, to your birthday number.
..

August 24, 2006 8:57 am  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Jan, what a great post and the photos are great too, Ron and Irene are lookin' good as are you.

August 24, 2006 9:16 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jan ~~ Great photos, but that cake had quite a glow !! Thanks for the comments. I have to STOP mentioning food
in my posts. There was plenty, so you and your friends would have been welcome
I do hope the pathology results are good
Thinking of you. Love, Merle.

August 24, 2006 5:36 pm  
Blogger Val said...

Loved the photos, especially the "flame" one! Is that a family tradition, not cutting the cake through to the bottom, or else "dire" consequences? I hadn't heard of that one before.

I hope you can put your medical visits behind you and that you get a clean bill of health. You certainly look fantastic, Jeanette.

August 24, 2006 6:47 pm  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jen,

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Jen,
happy birthday to you!
And many more!

And get well soon too!

Janice~

August 24, 2006 6:56 pm  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Jeanette Hello...........gosh I do hope things are ok with your health and that the results were all ok for you.

what a lovely birthday you had the photos show us a truly wonderful time had by all.

I am sorry not to have been around for awhile but I have been missing in action as my mum has been in town.
Now I am of to read your other great looking posts.
hugs to you for your very special day! Lee-ann

August 24, 2006 7:40 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Glad you had a happy birthday,celebrated in good style if one can judge by all those lovely photos. Hope your test comes back fine. Thanks you for your kind words left for me on my post. All the best Margaret

August 29, 2006 11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home