Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Swan hill


Gday All. I hope your all well. and not too hot or too cold in your part of the world.Were in the grip of winter and its been very chilly, last night we had a low of -2c and today a high of 16c and sunny, but I didnt see much sun as I was Playing pennant indoor carpet bowls our Team won 23shots to 11 so was a good win.

Well folk im off to Melbourne friday afternoon for the weekend A flying visit as its my Youngest Daughter Joanne's 40th birthday Saturday 20th So Party time (Grease Theme)
, and for me a big catch up with family, relatives, and friends. IM sure a lot of fun and laughter will be had by all..

Now on with a few more photo's once again click on any to enlarge..


As we were driving towards Swan Hill Carol spied these Kangaroo's and Emu's behind a fence so pulled over so I could get a few photo's ,among many others that were also taking photo's







Night view of Carriages Resaurant

Daylight

As you walk up the front steps its like walking onto a well cared railway platform

On the platform We enter here for dinner

the pressed metal ceiling

Looking along the carriage restaurant

Pauline studing the menu

Relaxing with Crown Lager before dinner

Dinner served. unfortunatly Carol wasn.t feeling very well and stayed back in the motel

Dinner: White fish.scollops, prawns. camilari,chips and salad.
was so Yummmy.

Daylight


Night view of the old red rattler.I took this as we left the restaurant and walked back to Motel for a good nights rest .

Next stop we head to Swan hill pioneer settlement

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

That looks all very nice ! I would love to see the kangaroos, I think I have only seen them once in a zoo, but it's such a long time ago !
Tomorrow we are leaving for holidays, 10 days at the Garda Lake in Italy, as usual. Nothing exciting for me, lol ! I hope Internet connection works better than last year !

June 18, 2009 10:55 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

FANtastic!! Love the photos and the food and drink. Yummy. It looks like a marvelous place Jen.

June 19, 2009 12:06 am  
Blogger Fred said...

Loved the pictures. The dinner looked great, too!

June 19, 2009 6:37 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

That was a nice looking meal in a wonderful atmosphere. I would loved to have been there with y'all.Peace

June 19, 2009 7:16 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Imagine getting the Murray cod on your line. I'd die of fright. That restaurant reminds of the old wooden carriages we were in going to Toowoomba last year for the Carnival of the Flowers. Your dinner sure looked nice...I adore calamari!

June 19, 2009 11:11 am  
Blogger diane b said...

Thats an interesting restaurant. Keep warm.

June 19, 2009 8:13 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

G'Day Dear Jan ~~ More great adventures. Loved the train restaurant and all your photos and look forward to the next lot. Glad
you had a win at Indoor Bowls,
Have a wonderful time in Melbourne.
And please wish Joanne a happy birthday. Enjoy all the fun and food
and the company. Take care, Jan,
Love, Merle.

June 19, 2009 10:57 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

G'day Jan, I've never seen the carriages restaurant at Swan Hill but there is a similar one at the Uldara? Lava Tubes near Atherton Tableland Qld.

June 20, 2009 1:20 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

As I type this, you will no doubt be having a good time with your family! We put some nice weather on just for you, in the Big Smoke this weekend, LOL.
Swan Hill photos brought back some pleasant memories, and make me realise just how many places Ken and I used to go to before we bought a house and were trapped forever more with a mortgage and no money to spend on travelling!

June 20, 2009 11:48 pm  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

You see kangaroos and emus along the roads when you travel, we see moose and deer! lol That Carriages Restaurant is so awesome, the kind of place I would just love to eat at!!! I love anything that's out of the ordinary. lol Sounds like a wonderful time and I enjoyed reading the story of the giant Murray Cod.

Have a safe trip to Melbourne and make sure you take lots of pictures:-) Happy Birthday to Joanne, I'm so glad you're able to be with her to celebrate such a special birthday!! xoxo

June 21, 2009 3:11 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

The first kangaroo I saw when I visited Australia 4 years ago was a dead one by the side of the road, but happily I saw many more live ones during my month stay. That train restaurant looks like fun! And good food too.

June 21, 2009 3:52 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jeanette,

I adore trains and that restaurant look like fun, and the food looked yummy too.

Janice~

June 22, 2009 4:53 pm  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

Hi Jen! Thanks for the lovely Australian photos! Thanks for your visit too. I came back today from my holiday.

June 23, 2009 4:50 am  
Anonymous montreal florist said...

The big fish is really funny and cute. Nice meal too. Great!!

October 12, 2009 2:59 am  
Blogger Jennifer Monahan Explorer, writer, and philosopher seeking life's truths said...

Hi Jen!
We've never met, but I found your blog while googling Australia. I'm an American who visited your country 10 years ago. The first thing I did was take the Indian Pacific Railway from Sydney to Perth. I love your train pictures. I hope to ride on more trains in your beautiful country one day. Keep blogging. I enjoy your adventures!
Jennifer Monahan
www.anamericaninoz.com

December 10, 2009 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home