Friday, May 15, 2009

Adelaide Part 2

Gday All.
We arrived in Adelaide, after much detouring , Sight seeing, and getting (Betty our GSP ) quite angry at times. We immediately went to our friends Danny & Lynda's home, whom I hadn't seen for 4 years. Lynda had prepared a lovely dinner cooked for our arrival. There was alot of chatter and catching up at the dinner table and into the night before leaving for our Motel, then catching up the next day for some relaxing retail therapy.
Please click to enlarge all pics.
Jen. Lynda, Pauline & Carol having a rest before we finish our shopping.
Before a few days of sight-seeing.
Off on a little sightseeing

Carol, Pauline, Lynda & Danny
at Mount Lofty Summit.

The Flinders Column.
Some information about The Flinders Column.
Click to enlarge.

Sadly the very low cloud cover prevented any scenery photo's up here.

All nearing the car to head back down the Mountain.
The sun come out as we were comming down the Mt Lofty.

A walk through the park along the Torrens river; Adelaide.

A beautiful old Rotunda.

Along the the Riverside.
Another view of the Riverside.

Close up of one of the black swans
Some of the beautiful trees throughout the parklands.
A friendly tourist passing by stopped and ask if we would all like our photo taken and of cause I accepted without hesitation.

A Close up of a couple of the lovely trees in the park



Colonel William Light.
Lynda, Danny & Pauline reading one of the plaques below.

Colonel William Light
Click image to enlarge and read.

Another Plague

beautiful Cloud formation.
A closer View.
Sunset. Time for a few last drinks and dinner with Danny & Lynda at the local club before we headed off the next day to the

Barossa Valley..
Night all Part 3 to follow ..

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

Interesting to travel with you ! It looks as if it is not too warm, you all wear automn clothes. What a good idea to give a name to the GPS. I have to think it over, lol !

May 16, 2009 1:19 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jeanette, you had a nice trip it looks like. For pictures, I like the one of The Flinders Column, it seems as if the pole in front is holding the ceiling up.
Or was this outside?
..

May 16, 2009 11:36 am  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful tour Jen!! I loved reading all the historical plaques along with the photos. And your group is truly a wonderful looking, filled with fun and laughter kinda group!!! I bet the days were so filled with pleasures of all kinds!

Ps...the sky photos and the beautiful river walk are super.

May 16, 2009 9:22 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

G'Day Dear Jan ~~ I enjoyed Part 2 of your holiday and loved the photos especially the clouds and trees and swans on the water. Lots of info from the plaques, and the Rotunda is lovely. Well done. The large oranges intriqued me. Hint hint!!

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. I am glad to be back to normal now. Glad you like the jokes and wrinkles are laughter lines.

Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

May 16, 2009 11:06 pm  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Jeanette:)

Greetings:)

It is so lovely to see all you smiling and having a good time. I feel so happy to see all of you happy and enjoying yourselves on this wonderful tour.

The photos are gorgeous and when enlarged they are truly amazing.

I particularly liked the dark swan with red beak proudly holding its neck high and posing. A magnificent bird. The color contrast is so good. The blue shimmering water and the black swan is a treat to watch.

I was really astonished at the beauty of the clouds which is a very rare sight indeed. At first I thought it was an erupting volcano.

You have captured excellent memories to cherish and remember for ever.

Your narration was very good and I felt I was traveling with you.

Many, many thanks for taking me to places which I can’t even dream of going.

Have a lovely day Jeanette:)
Joseph

May 17, 2009 4:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful photos and I love reading the historical plaques. Looks like you all are enjoying yourselves and I appreciate you sharing with me!

May 17, 2009 6:40 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks Jen for sharing more of your wonderful photos during your trip. Glad you had a great time.I love the old Rotunda and river shots.

Belated Happy Mother's Day. Sorry wasn't able to come here to greet you that day. Take care.

May 17, 2009 7:12 pm  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

By the looks of it: you had a great holiday! And wonderful company too. The photos of those pinky clouds are stunning! Thanks for taking us on your trip!
Thanks also for your visit to my snake.

May 17, 2009 10:12 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip! I visted Australia 5 yrs ago, but didn't see Adelaide. Maybe next time. But I loved the parts of Australia that I did see. I was in Perth, Albany and Augusta in W A, and then Melbourne, ACT, Katoomba, Brisy, but missed Sydney... oh well, maybe I'll get Sydney next time too!

May 18, 2009 6:55 am  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Seems like you had a lovely time...
I must admit that I am a 'fan' of Matthew Flinders... don't know why... there is a great statue of him in Sydney with his cat Trim... you should look online about the story of them... hugs to ya...

May 18, 2009 7:03 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

the clouds look sort of phallic. heh heh.

I'm just envying you and this travel with friends.

May 18, 2009 7:03 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Adelaide is such a beautiful city, isn't it. I think that it and Hobart are our most picturesque capital cities. Your photos are lovely, Jeanette. I had to giggle reading Colonel Light's "plague"!!!

May 19, 2009 12:54 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Beautiful photos, it looks like you guys are having a lovely time.

Janice~

May 19, 2009 2:32 pm  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Tell me, Jen. Has Adelaide recovered from the marauding Victorian tourists yet??? Lol!

May 19, 2009 5:28 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Adelaide is a lovely city isn't it... and the Barossa is special too.

May 20, 2009 10:28 pm  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

G'day Jen! Thanks for your visit! Much appreciated!!

May 20, 2009 10:39 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

G'Day again Dear Jan ~~ Thanks for the comments and I was relieved the computer was easily fixed. Glad you liked the jokes . Hasn't the weather
been lovely lately? I guess the
Winter will really set in after this
nice week. And the floods are bad in Q'ld and NSW. Take care, Love, Merle

May 21, 2009 6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home