Sunday, May 10, 2009

Trip to South Australia. Part1

Gday all,
Hope all is well in your part of the world, I am very well,and back from my holiday were a lot of fun and laughter was shared along the way .I said in my last post that only Carol and Myself were off on holiday.Well As I was walking out the door I decided to check my answering machine. Carol had rung, and ask me to ring my Sister Pauline,. On doing so, and after talking for a few minutes Pauline excepted to to come along with us.So off I went to help her pack her case I think we we were on our way within half hour. First stop, Shepparton to Visit My Dear friend Merle before heading to Carols for the evening ,for a fresh start the next morning.

Now on with a few photo's, I have so many 812 in all I wont bore you with them all. I will pick out a few from each day and post a few in Parts. Hope you all enjoy my photo's. PT2 to follow at a later date.

Myself and Merle
Jen and Pauline.

A Last minute check before we leave Carols

All packed ready to leave Carols.

Echuca

Having lunch overlooking the murray river

Carol
Pauline and Carol A little retail therapy in Mildura before heading towardsAdelaide
Nearing Victoria ~ south Australian border . Fruit Quarantine station
where all vehicles are stopped and searched for fresh fruit and veg.
No fresh produce allowed to be taken over border .
Car Search. Nothing to declare as I was aware of this happening

A little of the fruit & veg, that has been confiscated from other Vehicles
All clear on our way again. Under the arch into South Australia

Next Stop Paringa .A little of it reads.The largest black stump in Australia was sighted while near Chowilla Station 56ks up stream , The 600year old River red Gum had fallen in the river in the 1917 floods

Click to enlarge to be able to read it all

The Funny dunny A piece of stump

The black stump

This photo was taken looking through the windscreen during a torrential downpour. A couple of hrs from Adelaide. so end of photo's for the day.

Cheerio for now Keep smiling.

I Promise to visit you all in the next few days

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jen,
Love the picture of you and Merle :)
In California we have the fruit quarantine at every border crossing coming in to the state.
That black stump is huge!
Looking forward to more photos..
xo

May 10, 2009 9:39 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~Great post about your recent holiday. I was telling John today about the huge oranges you saw.
I hope you had a great Mother's Day.Thank you for your comments and
I am glad you enjoyed my post and jokes. I had a good Mother's Day
which started with John bringing me Hotcakes from McDonalds for brekky.
Take care dear friend and look forward to the next lot of photos as
they are great. Much love, Merle.

May 10, 2009 10:59 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Welcome home Jan, looks like the trip was good, that almost looks like a Qld or NT "shower".

May 11, 2009 12:04 am  
Blogger Gattina said...

Nice you are back safe and sound ! looks like if you had great holidays ! Fruit control ! I didn't know that there were borders in Australia.

May 11, 2009 1:32 am  
Anonymous Hootin' Anni said...

Oh my....looks like one terrific time and a great tour. Lots of fun.

And I must say I really would have loved having a meal with you and chat away on the Murray River. Wonderful area.

Hope you're Sunday has treated you well.

May 11, 2009 2:40 am  
Blogger Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice pictures, looks like a nice trip. Hope you enjoyed your mothers day. Thank you for coming by.

May 11, 2009 8:18 am  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

Loved all of the pictures, it's always nice to be able to put faces with names in posts. I know some people don't show pictures of their self or friends, but I always enjoy them. And the drive through Australia, is fantastic, since I never will make it there to see it in person, so second best is great. I'm so glad you three had such a fun time together. Will look forward to part 2.

May 11, 2009 8:38 am  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 11, 2009 8:38 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

You have so much fun.
I'm going to go look at a google map.

May 11, 2009 9:05 am  
Blogger Fred said...

I don't think you could bore me with the pictures. The ones you posted are great! I enjoyed reading about your holiday,

May 11, 2009 11:23 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Glad you're back safely amongst us, Jen. Interesting photos too, but oh, the Murray River is so low.

May 11, 2009 11:32 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Jen
Glad to see you back and it looks as if you had a grand time. I loved the stump photo. I have a few pc. of driftwood and lots of rocks to decorate the yard and porch. We have had 6 inches of rain within the last ten days. It would been nice to have some of this saved for the dry months ahead. Peace

May 11, 2009 10:54 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

You have such wonderful adventures. I bet the 3 of you were a hoot together! LOL

May 11, 2009 11:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post. Can see you had so much fun.

First time here. Nice blog

May 12, 2009 12:59 am  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi Jeanette, glad to see you got back okay and that you had a good time by the look of things. What do they do with the food they take off people?

May 12, 2009 7:11 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Loved the pictures and it looks like you had a lovely holiday.

That black stump reminds me of the red wood trees we have up in Yosemite. There a picture of me somewhere standing hear the roots of a tree that had fallen.

Take care and have a nice week.

Janice~

May 12, 2009 3:23 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Thank you kindly for dropping by and leaving your comment wishing Bud and me a happy anniversary. It meant a lot to me, truly. Happy Tuesday Jen....guess it's nearly over, over there. Or should I say, down there? LOL

May 12, 2009 9:00 pm  
Blogger Winifred said...

Love those pictures. Great to see Merle there with you.

Glad you had a brill holiday.

May 13, 2009 6:11 am  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

Hi Jn, welcome back! you had a lovely trip! I was amazed that you had to deal with a Fruit Quarantine station! Is this only the case with Victoria and South Australia? I went from New South Wales to Queensland by plane, but there was no check up at the domestic airport. Thanks for your visit. Did you know the three European queens were related?

May 13, 2009 7:00 pm  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ Hey! I recognize that lady (Merle). I hope you all had a good time. Travel safely! ~ jb///

May 14, 2009 12:46 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Lovely pics as always, Jeanette! OMG that is one helluva stump!!

May 15, 2009 12:44 am  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. Nice to know you're back from your trip. Sorry wasn't able to come here sooner.

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing those lovely sights. The giant stumps are amazing.

May 17, 2009 6:47 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Woiw that Black Stump is enormous! I remember reading "Beyond the Black Stump" by Neville Shute many moons ago.

May 18, 2009 6:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home