Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A visit from a friend of 50 years plus

G'day everyone. Hope you're all doing well where ever you may be. I'm very well and had a lovely visit from Peter (Holties House) last night who shared a roast lamb dinner follwed by waffles, icecream with mixed berries and a couple bottles of wine and staying up to all hours of the morning having a good catch up. Very pleased to hear Vicki's health has improved immensly. Peter is now on his way home to Queensland (safe travelling Peter).

Now here are a couple of photos:



Peter getting the wine from the bar fridge to have with Dinner


Peter and Myself rosy cheeked starting a second bottle of wine
*~*~*~*~*

Time for a few jokes

TAX TIME


A woman walks into an accountant's office and tells him that she needs to file her taxes.
The accountant says, "Before we begin, I'll need to ask you a few questions.
"He gets her name, address, social security number, etc. and then asks,
"What's your occupation?"
"I'm a Lady of the night," she says.
The accountant is somewhat taken aback and says, "Let's try to rephrase that."
The woman says, "OK, I'm a high-end call girl".
"No, that still won't work.
Try again."
They both think for a minute; then the woman says, "I'm an elite chicken farmer.
" The accountant asks, "What does chicken farming have to do with being a prostitute?"
"Well, I raised a thousand little peckers last year."
"Chicken Farmer it is."
*~*~*~*


Little boy on the bus

A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book, and noticed he had his collar on backwards.
The little boy asked why he wore his collar backwards.
The man, who was a priest, said, 'I am a Father.
'The little boy replied, 'My Daddy doesn't wear his collar like that.
'The priest looked up from his book and answered, ''I am the Father of many.
'The boy said, ''My Dad has 4 boys, 4 girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way!
'The priest, getting impatient, said. 'I am the Father of hundreds', and went back to reading his book
.The little boy sat quietly thinking for a while, then leaned over and said,'Maybe you should wear a condom and put your pants on backwardsi nstead of your collar :-)



~*~*~*~*~
Bedtime

Husband: Oh, come on.
Wife: Leave me alone!
Husband: It won't take long.
Wife: I won't be able to sleep afterwards.
Husband: I can't sleep without it.
Wife: Why do you think of things like this in the middle of the night?
Husband: Because I'm Hot.
Wife: You get hot at the darnedest times.
Husband: If you love me I wouldn't have to beg you.
Wife: If you love me you'd be more considerate.
Husband: You don't love me anymore.
Wife: Yes I do, but let's forget it for tonight.
Husband: Please...come on
Wife: All right, I'll do it.
Husband: What's the matter?
Need a flashlight?
Wife: I can't find it.
Husband: Oh, for heaven's sake, feel for it!
Wife: There! Are you satisfied?
Husband: Oh, yes.
Wife: Is it up far enough?
Husband: ! Oh, that's good.

Wife: Now go to sleep, and from now on when you want the window open,
Do it yourself.
NOW!
what were you expecting?

*~*~*~*~*


. Always try to help a friend in need


Believe in yourself be brave...but it's ok to be afraid sometimes
Study hard
Give lots of kisses Laugh often
Don't be overly concerned with your weight, it's just a number
Always try to see the glass half full
Meet new people, even if they look different to you
Remain calm, even when it seems hopeless
Take lots of naps.
.Be weird when ever you have the chance
Love your friends, no matter who they are
Don't waste food
RELAX
Take an occasional risk
Try to have a little fun each day.
it's important Work together as a team
Share a joke with friends Fall in love with someone..
.and say 'I love you' often.
Express yourself creatively
Be conscious of your appearance .
Always be up for surprises.
Love someone with all of your heart.
Share with friends.
Watch your step
It will get better.
There is always someone who loves you more than you know.
Exercise to keep fit.
Live up to your name.
Seize the Moment.
Hold on to good friends; they are few and far between.
Indulge in the things you truly love.
Cherish every EVERTDAY At the end of the day... PRAY....... and close your eyes.

And smile at least once a day

*~*~*~*

Cherrio for now, i promise to get around to visit you all in the next couple of days

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

Cheers ! I would have loved to be with you !
I think Easter is at the same date for the whole world. This time Mr. Gattino's birthday falls on Easter Saturday he is a born Easter bunny, lol !

April 08, 2009 10:37 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jen, (Good morning for here). I am glad that Peter gets around. He probably lives farther away than I do from my sister and old friends. So I know it is not an every day thing for him.
Say Hello to him from me, I think Merle has once.

Your jokes bring smiles, my first pick is the (old) one about the window in the middle of the night, second is the 'chicken farmer' lady.
..
BTW, when I close my eyes praying, I go to sleep. I go to sleep whenever I close my eyes. I'll blog about that some time.
..

April 08, 2009 10:39 pm  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

You've certainly had a great time meeting an old friends. Do you also have the feeling, that even if you haven't seen each other for a long time, you continue talking where you stopped last time, as if you just saw each other yesterday.
Thanks for your visit! The roofs you mentioned were covered with 7 layers of grass. Next week I am going to tell more about it. Have a great week!

April 09, 2009 1:06 am  
Blogger Winifred said...

What a great time you both have and we saw the evidence.

Those were really funny. Naughty but nice!

April 09, 2009 5:05 am  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Those two photos you've shared with us of you and Peter are super. I'm happy to read that your life is turning around once again.

You're continually in my thoughts Jen.

April 09, 2009 9:12 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

G'day Jan, it was great to catch up again even if it was only for a short time, thanks for a lovely dinner, great company and your hospitality, see ya next trip.

April 10, 2009 8:22 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

You are such a hoot, Jen! Between you and Merle, you must have every joke under the sun on your blogs!
Roast lamb, waffles, icecream with berries - yum! Oh and wine of course. Do you finish off with a nice glass of port?

April 11, 2009 12:48 am  
Blogger  Gigi Ann said...

G'day Jen,

Two bottles of wine and you were still in good enough shape to type out this post! LOL

Have a fun week-end!

April 11, 2009 5:46 am  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... the lamb sounds delicious... though we sell it at work here (imported from Australia) Mike hates the stuff... the waffles... ummmm... I forgot all about those :) The wine... nah... you can have that... I am not a fan of it... puts me to sleep :) Maybe this is a good thing... I am getting old afterall :)

April 11, 2009 7:52 am  
Blogger Rob said...

It looks to me like you need to get a drop more wine in Jeanette!

April 11, 2009 8:35 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

That's a lovely photo of you and Peter, Jeanette, of course the wine is a must have accessory...way to go. Hope there were no headaches in the morning?

April 12, 2009 7:16 am  
Blogger raccoonlover1963/Lisa Myers said...

Hi Jen
Hope you had a good Easter.
Love the jokes, especially the tax man! Too funny!!!!
Take care
Lisa

April 13, 2009 5:10 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I just dropped by to wish you a happy Easter.

Janice~

April 13, 2009 8:23 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

I like the rosy cheeks. It just takes one small glass of wine for mine to shine.

Peter looks like a jolly friend.

April 13, 2009 9:47 am  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ Hey I recognize that guy! ~ jb///

April 14, 2009 11:14 am  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Looks as if you and Peter had a gran time of it. I almost fell out of my chair with "Chicken Farmer".
I cannot wait to tell Prince. Peace

April 15, 2009 4:35 am  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Hi Jen..pop over to my blog..I have an award for you, if you are interested. Marilyn

April 15, 2009 7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home