Thursday, March 27, 2008

EASTER

Hi Everyone,
Easter is over and my family have have now gone home.

I had a fantastic Easter,started with phone call from Gary Good Friday "were are you Mum!" come and have fish and chips with us, so of course I went around and joined in the fun, had dinner and a couple of drinks,before heading back home to bed.
Saturday Joanne, Colin and family arrived, they weren't there long before the kids were in the pool having fun, after dinner we all went back to Donna's for a few drinks.
Then Sunday all back to my home were Colin cooked a BBQ lunch, and Joanne made the salads, . and Gary doing a repair job to my pond and water features, Monday all was back again for Rylies birthday, before saying there goodbyes and heading home.
Joanne , Colin,Timothy, Kara and Liam stayed till Tuesday as it was Timothy's birthday ,were Donna, Kayne, Rylie and Maddison come around for a birthday lunch before Joanne and Crew headed for home. A good time was had by all

Thank you all for a great weekend.

To End with a few photo's


Good Friday, Fish and chips under candlelight At Donna & Bretts

This is WHY! Power Black out from dusk to the wee hrs of the morning . All these vehicles are on Donna and Bretts front lawn. Due to a transformer blown on a power pole on the edge of Donna's property.

Gary, redoing my rockery as the stream had sprung a leak, and also getting all my water features working
Nearly finished
All working theres water tumbling down the rocks, also Dolphins spraying water above the gnomes head, a fountian low in the pond just in front of the frog,and a little puppy having a shower.

(The Ponds still clear Cazz)
BTW. All the water is recirculating from the fish pond .
Gary looking very pleased with the finished product. Thank You Gary

Monday was Rylies Birthday.(In White) So all come around to wish her a happy birthday, after pressies were opened, it was time for some icecream birthday cake for all before they started heading home..

Tuesday was Timothy's Birthday (In Green)

OOOppps nearly forgot about my 2 Moodle Granddogs (LOL)
Jack And Molly playing tug a war with a rope toy, These 2 found there way on to the foot of my bed everynight..
And of course a holiday at Nan's not complete without a dip in the pool
Joanne went to put the pool brolly up this is what greated her . Well this eight leggered beastie A Red back spider Didnt get a chance to get away, I grabbed the Camera sorry its a bit blurry but didnt want to get to close as its very poisonous..

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Gattina said...

It's just disgusting to see you all half naked sitting around and having fun while I wear 3 pullovers, cardigans and am still cold and outside it snowed for Easter !!!

March 28, 2008 1:29 am  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ahhh... a Red Back Spider... that even makes me homesick... take care

March 28, 2008 6:14 am  
Blogger Jo said...

The fountain looks fantastic with it all working again.
Rylie and Timothy had wonderful day for their birthday's, was lovely to have nan there sharing there birthdays.
The trip home was interesting.. the kids were a bit high on a sugar rush (thanks nanny).
See you in May, be good.

March 28, 2008 12:40 pm  
Blogger Adi said...

The pool and fountain look great! You are pretty lucky to have guests who help you so much. I wonder if I could train mine?
I could tell everyone was enjoying themselves, that's what to do at Nan's, have fun and eat, huh?
..

March 28, 2008 4:31 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter Jan, I'm so pleased that the family all got together.

March 29, 2008 12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, The gardens looking great especially refurbished pool area, please send us some of your nice warm sun.

March 29, 2008 9:30 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now Jen, you torture me. You're eating shortcake and you have to tell me about it? Shame on you. Now all I can say is: SHARE please. LOL

Love the work done on the fountain. Looks like a great deal of family fun for all!!

Happy weekend.

March 30, 2008 12:06 am  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hey Jan!
That is one hell of a garden... what a beautiful pool... and cute doggies... and what a nasty spider even I a whingeing POM who's never been down Under would recognize that evil little ****er as a redback (what else do you think we whinge about... "aargh it's full of redbacks and funnelwebs!" we all say when anyone ventures the idea of visiting your fair continent...

Now can I pose you a question? Very important:

I'm getting a new room in the same house. Lots of clutter. Do you agree I should just leave what I don't want even if it's half my clothes etc. and just move "lite" into the new room?... Please RSVP ASAP I'm desperate for advice! Many thanxx
G

March 30, 2008 7:36 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

wish I was there!!
Except for the red back. We have black widows, but they are very shy & elusive.

March 30, 2008 7:53 am  
Blogger Renae said...

Such wonderful pictures !! The pond looks gorgeous !! I'm still stuck in cold weather and snow !! Now that spring is 'apparently' here...( big roll of the eyes)...I can't wait until my garden is unburied then I can start doing all that fun stuff.Cheers !!

March 30, 2008 8:53 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jeanette,

Happy B-day Rylie.

That was nice of Gary to fix your water feature, and it looks so nice too. I wish I could put one in here, but just a small one.

That spider looks a lot like our black widow spider(and poisonous too) we have here in California(where I live *shiver*), but it has a red hour glass on its belly not it back.

Janice~

March 30, 2008 6:42 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ What a lovely time you had with your family visiting and helping in the garden. The photos are great and everyone looks so happy.
Two birthdays in two days, lucky kids to be at Nan's home to share the fun. When I saw the redback, I immediately thought of Gleds !! I have never seen a funnelweb, but quite a few redbacks. Stomp them.
Thank you for the Welcome home. I had a lovely time, but it's always good to get back home again.
I can't believe the sudden change in the weather, Brrr. Heaters and
electric blankets to get into a warm bed. I missed all that rain
but that must have signalled the
cold weather to arrive.
Take care dear friend, Love,Merle.

March 30, 2008 9:01 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. Thank you very much for the sweet birthday greetings.

It's wonderful to see more happy photos of your family. Glad you had some help with your pond.

Belated Happy Birthday to Rylies and Timothy. I'm seriously craving for some ice-cream cake. :)

It's nice that the kids enjoyed a dip in the pool.

Oh my, I've never seen one up close before.

March 31, 2008 4:11 am  
Blogger Dick said...

Your garden is beautiful. We hope to do some improving to our yard now that the sunroom is finally finished but don't have as much room as you do. I don't think we have as warm of weather either.

My older grand daughter was 11 on the 24th so her birthday is about the same day as some of yours. We tried to go to her party yesterday but the SNOW caused us to turn around and come back home. It has been a weird winter for us this year!

March 31, 2008 6:00 am  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ Looks like a great Easter, Pond, Birthday and pool fun! It looks like you Aussie's are ganging up on me... But like I told both Peter & Merle...As for your comment about the words on my blog photos... you and the others are probably right... If I could find a real easy way to do it, I would... truth is... I am just TOO DARN LAZY! ~ jb///

March 31, 2008 12:09 pm  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jan,
Looks so sunny and pleasant there. You have such a delightful yard. It must be so enjoyable to relax there :)
xo

March 31, 2008 1:15 pm  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi Jeanette, I bet its quiet now everyone has gone, probably too quiet. I'll have some of your fish and chips but you can keep the spider - shudder! I see that men like to do the BBQs in Aus too, thats the same here. I always put it down to men being better at burning the dinner than women. Bob.

March 31, 2008 6:16 pm  
Blogger Marion McCready said...

Hi Jeanette, thanks for your comment, I've not being doing much blogging lately. That picture of you at the top is really lovely!

April 01, 2008 8:23 am  
Blogger Preity Angel... said...

Wow.. I enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures seems like you guys had a lots of fun..i missed it I wanted to see all that :(

Have a happy easter I mean belated Happy Easter honey

see you later

April 02, 2008 7:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home