Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Retail Therapy !!!

Hi everyone,

Tuesday us ladies, Pauline, Donna, Cazz and myself (Jen), decided it was time for a little retail therapy. The winning destination was Albury due to the fact it has a large variety of shops to appease our womanly needs, but its 1.5hr drive and it was already 1.30pm, so we all hastily put on the lippy and off we went. Myers City Center Store, was stop one, were we wondered around, tried on clothes, splashed ourselves in the latest perfume, and purchased "intimate apparel". A few hours had passed, and the hunger pangs started to get the better of us, so off to the SS&A Club (Sailors, Service & Airmen) for a bistro meal, were we met up with Paulines daughter Lousie and her 2 children. Oh how the time flies when you have a brandy in hand and great company, before we knew it it was 7.30pm and we still hadn't finished our shopping, so off we go again. Cazz decided that I had to have a new chair at the computer, as my old one was very uncomfortable. Next stop Officeworks, and what a task that turned out to be, so many chairs, 3 women with different comfort needs, was a good laugh, and naturally my chair, my choice, and Cazzs muscle to assemble. We still had 1/2 remaining before close of business, so we hit Target until we were asked to leave.


We arrived home quite beat around 10.30pm, but satisfied with our day and purchases .. ewwww now to await the arrival of the credit card statement !!!!


Look out Myers, here come the big spenders. Donna,Pauline and Carol.
Carol paying for her purchases at the register


Carol, next morning, unloading the chair from my car

The Managers chair, as I am the manager and organiser of all things !!!

The new throne, after Carol put it all together .

The queen upon her throne, and I must say it is very comfortable.

The old and the new, no comparision, good call Cazz.

Cazz is heading home, back to Shepparton today, Wednesday, but what a busy and fun filled time we spent together. I'ts going to take me awhile to get back into normal sleeping patterns, as she is a bit of a night owl, but she left me with a fridge full of cooked meals YUMMMY .. Thank you Carol xxxoooxxx.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hello, hello....howya doin'?

I love the new chair Jen. And you look like a queen on her throne [tho I won't touch that line for any amount...I promise I'll be civil]

Y'all closed the town down while shopping, huh? Way to go. I wish I'd been there with all of you...what fun!!

Thanks for the visit. It's always a good day for me when you drop by.

March 12, 2008 11:35 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jan, I like your new chair. I need one also, Mrs. Jim gave my old one away. I reminded her that I got rid of one wife when she gave away one of my cars! I don't think she worries about getting rid of.

Your therapy name sounds good, I advise that often, especially for the ladies.

Tell Cazz goodbye. I think she still has a set of keys to your blog, she ought to find time once in a while to write one of her interesting blogs.

Cheers,
..

March 13, 2008 12:24 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mate.
Great post and the pics tells the story,agood time was had by the "BIG SPENDERS"see you soon.xx

March 13, 2008 11:24 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

Oh... jealous of your throne.
( I need a new chair... do you notice how everything wears out at once, including your body?)

March 13, 2008 3:11 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ What a great time you and the girls had shopping. Your new chair looks very comfy. Cazz to the rescue again - putting it together.
I hope it was cooler at Corowa for your bowls, but I doubt it. Looks like another week of it. No bad fires this year, so I hope we don;t get them now. Total Fire Ban tomorrow
and it's mid March. Take care dear friend,stay as cool as you can.
Love. Merle.

March 13, 2008 8:57 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

OHH MY GOODNESS I cant believe you took a photo at the registers. Did they look at you strangely.. I would..LMAO

March 13, 2008 10:28 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. Glad you had fun shopping. I like that new chair of yours. I could tell it's very comfortable. I need a new one too but I haven't found a good one yet.

It's my son's summer break and I'm excited to have more free time blogging, reading and I think I'll do some general cleaning within the week.

March 14, 2008 2:05 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Hi again....in answer to your question about bromeliad leaves...I clean them twice a week with a cloth from a torn T-shirt...soft and lint free. If need be, I will dampen it [the cloth]...but I make sure there is no excess water in the cloth to leave water spots on the leaves. That's all I do tho. Nothing special.

I recall your photos of the ones you have outdoors. I love these plants.

March 14, 2008 11:58 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 15, 2008 1:23 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Jan ~~ It sure has been hot~
glad they shortened the Bowls games
at Corowa. Don't you overdo t will you? Glad you like my bird hotel but the birds are keeping a wary eye on it so far. The boy and his dog story
was a nice one. Take great care, my friend and try to stay cool. That is my plan too. Love, Merle.

March 15, 2008 1:23 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

It sounds like you ladies had a real nice day.

That chair looks real comfy, I hope you enjoy your new thrown.

Janice~

March 15, 2008 5:44 pm  
Blogger meggie said...

Your new chair looks sooo comfortable!
Sounds like you had fun all day.
Keep well!xx

March 15, 2008 7:25 pm  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Jen
I just love the terminology "retail therapy" and also the term lippy. What a fun day you had and a great visit from Cazz. Now you will be so comfortable in the new chair you will post and post and post.
Peace be with you.

March 16, 2008 12:22 am  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I usually get asked to leave bc they think I'm up to shoplifting haha! No I'm joking but until I smartened myself up last week I DID used to get followed around a lot by a lot of security guards! Hey I'm glad you did something more interesting than dullard old clothes shopping though. Ugh clothes= so bloody dull how you women can look round those shops just for the sake of it for stuff you barely even require seriously beats me!

anyway take care Jan!! Lots of love

xx

March 16, 2008 8:03 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy really. I like the Queen's new "Throne" it does look very comfy. My chair is like your old model.
Cheers and hugs Margaret

March 16, 2008 6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come too next time? What a great dayx

March 17, 2008 1:54 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

By the looks of all those smiling faces you girls have been having loads of fun! Glad you had some lovely outings. The new chair looks very comfy. Good for you!
It's pouring rain here. Not springy in the least...yet.
Happy Easter to you! It'll be here soon.

March 20, 2008 1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home