Saturday, March 01, 2008

Heaven


Hi all, tonight I am starting with a photo of my Tiger, a few people made mention of him a while ago when it showed up in the background of some photo's on earlier posts. I have had him a few years, he easy to control and doesn't eat much..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Now on with a few jokes
A cat died and went to Heaven.
God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years.
Anything you want is yours for the asking.'
The cat thought for a minute and then said, 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors.
I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on.'
God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.
A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together.
God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that He made to the cat
The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms!
If we could just have some little roller skates, we would not have to run again.'
God answered, 'It is done.' All the mice had beautiful little roller skates.
About a week later, God decided to check on the cat.
He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow.
God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?'
The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life.
The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!'
We need a cute clean one every once in awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
John the farmer was in the fertilized egg business.
He had several hundred young layers (hens), called 'pullets', and ten roosters, whose job it was to fertilize the eggs.
The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced.
That took an awful lot of his time, so he bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.
Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.
The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, a very fine specimen he was, too. But on this particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! John went to investigate.
The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing.
The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.
But to Farmer John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring.
He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.
John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Renfrew County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.
The result...The judges not only awarded old Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well.
Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making: who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.
the bells are not always audible..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,

Pecans in the Cemetery On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence.

One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

"One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy.

Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle.

As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery.

He slowed down to investigate.

Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you one for me."

He just knew what it was.

He jumped back on his bike and rode off.

Just around the bend he met an old man with a cane, hobbling along.

"Come here quick," said the boy,

"you won't believe what I heard! Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls!"

The man said, "Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk?" When the boy insisted though, the man hobbled to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me..."

The old man whispered, "Boy, you've been tellin' the truth.

Let's see if we can see the Lord.

" Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to see anything.

The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the Fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

At last they heard, "One for you, one for me.

That's all. Now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done." They say the old man made it back to town a full 5 minutes ahead of the boy on the bike! .............

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A travel agent looked up from his desk to see an older lady and an older gentleman peering in the shop window at the posters showing the glamorous destinations around the world.
The agent had had a good week and the dejected couple looking in the window gave him a rare feeling of generosity.
He called them into his shop and said, I know that on your pension you could never hope to have a holiday, so I am sending you off to a fabulous resort at my expense, and I won't take no for an answer.
He took them inside and asked his secretary to write two flight tickets and book a room in a five star hotel.
hey, as can be expected, gladly accepted, and were on their way.
About a month later the little lady came in to his shop.
"And how did you like your holiday?" he asked eagerly."The flight was exciting and the room was lovely," she said. "I've come to thank you.
But, one thing puzzled me.
Who was that old guy I had to share the room with?"

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ I love your tiger and the jokes were all good ones.
Thanks for your comments and glad you liked the post. Just finished another one. Peter was a bit better when I rang last night. Take great care, my friend, I love the Aussie jokes, thanks. Love, Merle.

March 02, 2008 12:54 am  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,


I enjoyed the jokes a lot!I especially liked the one of the cat in heaven and her 'meals on wheels!' :)

Wow! Your tiger is very pretty! Is it plush?


Junie

March 02, 2008 3:30 am  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

If I had a cat now, it would have to be like yours. No fuss no muss, no shedding and best of all, NO LITTER BOX! Also the live kind bring gruesome things into the house. Several years ago our cat brought a snake in the house. A LIVE ONE!

Loved your jokes. 'one for you, one for me' is hillarious!

March 02, 2008 2:28 pm  
Blogger Anonymous said...

The tiger looks so REAL! Heehee

March 02, 2008 9:04 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again dear Jan ~~ Thanks for your comments and birthday wishes for Julie ~ she's 48 today and I spoke to her on the phone. Glad you liked Keep singing Michael. I am waiting for someone to ask if it's true. I don't know, but a nice story. I hope you didn't get too tired in the garden. I can only do a livery ttle at a time.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

March 02, 2008 11:20 pm  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ My gosh that tiger looks real. It actually scared me as I thought it was really in your house! (It might work really well as a watch dog!) ~ jb///

March 03, 2008 12:20 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Jeanette, love your Tiger! You had not to put a warning on your fence like I did with Flora! (LOL)

Have a nice Sunday!

March 03, 2008 12:26 am  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

The pecan tree? Absolutely hilarious Jen!!! What a riot. I spewed my juice all over the desk, and some came out my nose.....burning! Too too funny.

LOVE, absolutely LOVE that tiger of yours. I have about four stuffed tigers myself, but nothing quite as 'life sized' as this one. Now....I WANT one TOO!!

And below...your flower photos? All I can say is wow. Of course you know I love roses...but those lilies? Absolutely gorgeous. I'm out watering the roses now...well, not physically, I just set the hose out there a few minutes ago. We've got budding, but no rose blossoms yet.

Have a great evening/afternoon/ --whatever. LOL

March 03, 2008 1:13 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

nice kitty. My grandkids would love that when they came to visit.

Vacationing with a strange old man, huh? ha ha. cute.

March 03, 2008 3:19 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

What a wonderful Tigger...glad he doesn't eat much.

Thanks for the jokes Jen...a laugh on Monday is always good.

Take care.

March 03, 2008 7:19 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

You had me going there for a minute!!!!
Susan

March 04, 2008 5:03 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jan, I like your tiger. Don't let him get too close to that fire!

Do you think cats still eat mice in heaven? Do you think they did on Noah's arc?

I know the answer to that first question and also why the do here on earth, go here:
http://jimmiehov8.blogspot.com/search?q=tiger
..

March 04, 2008 7:07 am  
Blogger Alice said...

I love that tiger! I always try to remember your jokes to tell my husband and my mother. I'm not much for comedy timing and sometimes I forget the punch lines, but your jokes certainly do get passed around here.

March 04, 2008 8:38 am  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

That's a nice tiger you have there.

Thanks for sharing these great jokes.

March 06, 2008 7:56 pm  
Blogger Preity Angel... said...

Thanks for sharing with us.

Angel

March 08, 2008 3:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home