Wednesday, April 25, 2007

ANZAC DAY 25th APRIL

Hi Everyone. Sorry to report I have been in the land of the missing. I will get around to all your blogs as soon as I can. Ive been laid up with a tummy bug for quite a few days , but happy to report I am on the mend, and ventured out today (1st time in a week), to our local Anzac march.
So Heres a Poem sent to me by a friend and a few photo's of todays march.

THE FINAL INSPECTION
The Soldier stood and faced his God, Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining, Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, you Soldier, How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?" The Soldier squared his shoulders and said, "No, my Lord, I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays, And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a dollar, That wasn't mine to keep... Though I worked a lot of overtime, When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear. And sometimes, God, forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place, Among the people here.
They never wanted me around, Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand.
There was a silence all around the throne, Where the saints had often trod. As the Soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you Soldier, You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."
~Author Unknown~

Old Vintage car leads the ANZAC march School and Brownie Guides in the march
Looking at sme of the wreaths
after the crowd had dispersed
Donna , Brett,my sister Pauline
and My 2 grandaughters marched Rylie in Red with her school
Maddison in the Blue with the Brownie Guides

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sorry you've been sick!

But good you wee able to get out today! I enjoyed the pictures!


Take care,


Junie

April 26, 2007 5:21 am  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol- sorry for the typos!

wee=were!

April 26, 2007 5:22 am  
Blogger Susie said...

I read about Anzac Day on Merle's. I hadn't heard of it until then. Sorry you've been sick. Hope you're on the mend now!!
:)

April 26, 2007 12:09 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Jan ~~ Glad to see you back ad I hope quite well again. You did well with the photos of the march etc. Thanks for your comments, glad you liked the bumper stickers. I do not do much in the garden as it is too hard. Just water now I have things in and the weather has cooled off a bit, so the watering can ease. AND we may get rain in the next few days!!!
Did you see Robyn (Puss in Boots)
article on her grandfather named
Farmer from Melb.??
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

April 26, 2007 3:10 pm  
Blogger Marc & Kristy said...

Hi Jan, Hope you are feeling better now. Answer to your question about my weight loss. Yes i have lost 6 kg's in 2 weeks so i am very happy.
You done well with th photo's looks like you all had a good day.

Take Care
Marc & Kristy

April 26, 2007 4:12 pm  
Blogger Val said...

Anzac Day in country towns must be so much more poignant, as the names of soldiers would often match family members still living in the area. I always find it so sad to think that such a large proportion of Australia's young population in WWI was sacrificed. This is really apparent when I visit tiny country towns, but the shrines always have so many names of the fallen.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

April 26, 2007 5:01 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hope you feel better now, stomac troubles are always bad !
We have so beautiful weather over here it never had happened before ! While usually in April weather changes from rain to more rain and temperatures from 10 to 15°C, we have sunshine and 20 - 28°C and no rain at all. Farmers are very unhappy about that, not me !!

April 26, 2007 9:05 pm  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Hope you are feeling better by now... I am so backed up reading all my bloggers posts.....warm weather seemed to take me away in my own little world....LOL but it's raining today...yuck.....

April 26, 2007 10:26 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jeanette. I hope that you are feeling much better today. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. The ANZAC march seems like a fun event.

Weekend is almost here. Have a great one ahead. Take care!

April 26, 2007 10:44 pm  
Blogger HORIZON said...

What a great tribute and way to remember your solidiers Jeanette. Nice to see the kids involved in it all too- we should never forget.
Glad to hear you are getting better- always rotten when you get a tummy upset.
I'm just blown away by your hanging garden- l love the way you have the place laid out- very relaxing.
Bests and hugs
xx

April 27, 2007 12:01 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for visiting me so regularly! Sorry to hear you have been sick - LeeAnn and Rob have also both had a terribly tummy virus this past month. Must be something in the air.
I haven't read any more Di M. or Danielle S. books in recent months. I had two boxes of books given to me by a friend and am ploughing my way through them before returning to our library.

April 27, 2007 12:51 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jeanette -- I'm glad you're back. That looked like a nice Anzac Day parade.
I didn't even know about Anzac Day until you guys blogs told of it. It seems similar to our Veterans' Day.
That old Chevy touring car is a nice parade car.
..

April 27, 2007 12:59 am  
Blogger Dick said...

Hi Jeanette- Thanks for your visits to my blog and your kind wishes for my wedding this Saturday. I am looking forward to it but will also be very happy when it is behind us!

It looks like your ANZAC Day is much like our Veteran's Day here in the States. Ours is Nov 17th. Your weather cooperated well.

April 27, 2007 1:14 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

all these AU blogs are bringing tears to my eyes.

April 27, 2007 5:42 am  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Jeanette, I hope you are feeling better now!

The Old Vintage car is amazing!Anzac march seems like an important event.

April 27, 2007 6:25 am  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

Sooooooo sorry you have been sick! :-(

Thank you for the parade pictures. Especially of the vintage car. We have a 1930 Model A Ford, and a 1950 Chevy Truck. So we love vintage cars/trucks. :-)

Mari-Nanci

April 27, 2007 8:59 am  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Looks like a GREAT holiday to me! ~ LZ///

April 27, 2007 9:42 am  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Jeanette now I felt there was something wrong not seeing you about on the blog and am glad you are back on your feet.

There is NOTHING! like an Anzac day parade in a country town and I am so happy you shared the photos with us.

Did you go to the dawn service?? and breakfast after!!

see you out and about Lee-ann

April 27, 2007 4:58 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Jan ~~ Thanks for your comments and concern about my eyes, sorry you have that ahead also. Glad you liked the Yellow Roses story and I had a tear or two typing it. It is nice that you have the music that Alan loved on tape and on the computer. It is raining here now, so hope it continues. Take care, Love, Merle.

April 27, 2007 11:09 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

glad you are feeling better. I love stopping by here as I know I will leave with a smile on my face and a joke to share with someone else. Thanks for making me laugh.

April 29, 2007 10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home