Sunday, November 19, 2006

TAXI

Well another busy few days.
After arriving home from Melbourne played bowls,had a phone call from my mate Gwen, and yep another trip to Melbourne this time I was given 10 minutes notice well that was the easy part ,as we were going down and back in same day but alas thankfully that never happened,this time stayed at Gwens daughter. Well the next morning I went to use my mobile phone but discovered I misplaced it, so Gwen used her phone to find mine someone answered it in a foreign voice and said! "It was at the fish shop "were we stopped to get a bite to eat the night before.So off to get pick up phone I was lucky to get it back, as it must have fallen out of my pocket while we were sitting waiting for our fish and chips and lucky the owner found it before anyone had the chance to pick it up. Now back home and hopefully thats the last trip for a while.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now its joke time
.
A passenger in a taxi leaned over to ask the driver
a question and tapped him on the shoulder.
The driver screamed, lost control of the cab,nearly
hit a bus, drove up over the curb, and stopped just
inches from a large plate glass window.

For a few moments everything was silent in the cab,
and then the still shaking driver said, "I'm sorry
but you scared the daylights out of me."

The frightened passenger apologised to the driver
and said he didn't realise a mere tap on the shoulder
could frighten him so much.

The driver replied, "No, no, I'm sorry, it's entirely
my fault.
Today is my first day driving a cab.
I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why are wedding dresses white?
Son asked his mother the following question:
"Mum, why are wedding dresses white?"
The mother looks at her son and replies,
'Son, this shows your friends and relatives that your bride is pure."
The son thanks his Mum and goes off to double-check this with his
father.
"Dad why are wedding dresses white?"
The father looks at his son in surprise and says .......
"Son, all household appliances come in white."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
Little Johnny and his father were playing catch in the front yard when the boy saw a honey bee. He ran over and stomped it."That was a honey bee," his father said, "one of our friends.
For stomping him you will do without honey for a week.
"Later, Little Johnny saw a butterfly, so he ran over and stomped it."That was a butterfly," his father said, "one of our friends, and for stomping him you will do without butter for a week."
The next morning the family sat down for breakfast.
The boy ate his plain toast with no honey or butter.
Suddenly a cockroach ran out from under the stove. His mother stomped it.
Little Johnny looked at his father and said,
"Are you going to tell her, Dad, or should I?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
Gardening Rule:
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan ~ Wow TWO trips to Melbourne in a short time.Glad you got your phone back.
Liked your jokes. I tell that Taxi one to several of the taxi drivers I get to
meet up with. They like it. Thanks for your comments, that Murphy was in a bad way. I am so disappointed with the last few posts, I type them in color and decent size print, and then they change
so I am thinking of having a break.
Take care Jan, Love, Merle.

November 19, 2006 11:56 pm  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL can't stop laughing at that taxi driver joke! Too funny! Glad you were able to get your cell phone back, it must have been interesting dialing your number, waiting to see who would answer! lol Hugs xox

November 20, 2006 2:05 am  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:0

All those jokes were sooo funny...especially the Little Johnny one!!


Junie

November 20, 2006 3:02 am  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Whoo-hoo ... 2 trips to Melbourne ... next time, drop in for a Cuppa !!
Glad you got your phone back ... what a bugger to lose it !!
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

November 20, 2006 12:43 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Lol,nice jokes ! So you were going to Melbourne again, lucky you. I have never been there lol, I have to drive to Brussels, which is only 15 km away ! When my son went for diving to Australia 4 years ago, he also had been at Melbourne and at some other places like Purse etc. and he loved the country so much, that at a moment he wanted to stay ! Lol. But then he came back to earth and returned to his job in London.

November 20, 2006 3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, never a dull moment in your life is there.
I see Donna has started again, hope this one works.

November 20, 2006 7:11 pm  
Blogger Bob said...

You were lucky with the phone there Jeanette, its a wonder you ever found it again. When I was at the farm we had a lad work for us who used to take anything he saw lying around and he came to work one day bragging about how someone went to the bar and left their phone on the table so he took it before they got back, he wasn't a bit guilty about it saying it was their fault for leaving it there! Thing was he never dare use it incase it was traced back to him and so it just sat there for years in one of the barns doing nothing!

November 20, 2006 7:17 pm  
Blogger Kali said...

Glad you got your phone back...that was a close one!
Love your jokes, gave me a giggle.
I'm off to bed now...up for more prepping and painting tomorrow.

November 20, 2006 11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again a brilliant post. I love the gardening rule - How true!!!!
Thanks for the laughs
Rx

November 21, 2006 5:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your garden rule is
oh so true.

I love visiting your blog
so i can hear
g'day g'day!
It makes me feel happy all day long.
You Aussies know how to enjoy life, that's for sure!

November 21, 2006 11:09 am  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi Jeannette, I'm so glad you stopped by Little Rock on your cybertour around the world. It gave me the chance to come meet you and Cazz.

I'm laughing at the jokes - every one of them new to me.

My best to you. Annie

November 21, 2006 2:29 pm  
Blogger SnowWhite said...

MLBO at the taxi cab joke an oldie but still makes me giggle lol
xx
shona

November 23, 2006 3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home