Wednesday, November 15, 2006

MELBOURNE WEEKEND

Hi all. Gwen and myself back home after a very busy time in Melbourne, Firstly We went to see Gary,"my son" then off to pick up Gwens new computer, after 1hr or so it was off to Gary and Christine's. we were only there a short time ,when it was time to leave, so into Christine's car and off too Kara's 1st concert (See Photo's http://littlejen-eightisenough.blogspot.com/' Gwen and Myself , along with family and friends had a lovely time at the concert Kara was smallest one on stage she was just gorgous and stole the show. but then I am Biased.
After a very late friday night had a Quiet Saturday before" we" Gwen,Myself,Gary, Joanne and their family's went out for a lovely dinner .Next day payed both my twin brothers Edward & Peter a visit, Who were pleased to see us .Im pleased to say Edward is recovering well after his major surgery afew months ago .Then arrived home very late Monday eve. shopped Tuesday. and Bowled today. I Will catch up and visit all my blogging friends in the next couple days
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well folk just finish off with a couple of jokes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little boy went up to his father and asked:
"Dad, where DID all of my intelligence come from?
The father replied.
"Well son, you must have got it from your mother, cause I still have mine"
Be obedient, no matter how much the Master's plan doesn't make sense to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ms. Smith stopped to reprove Johnny for making faces:
"Johnny, when I was small, my mother used to tell me that if I made ugly faces, at some moment it would freeze and stay like that.
" Johnny looked up at her and thoughtfully replied:
"Well, Ms. Smith, you can't say you weren't forewarned."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Johnny was in class and the teacher announced that they were going to try something different to help everyone get to know each other a little better, and to help with their spelling. She explained, "I want you to stand up and give us the occupation of your father, spell it, and say one thing he would give us all if he was here today."
The first student raised her hand to volunteer.
"Marcy," the teacher said. "You may go first."
Marcy replied, "My father is a banker. B-A-N-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a shiny new penny."
The teacher said, "Very nice, Marcy, who wants to go next?
" Kevin stood up and announced, "My father is a baker. B-A-K-E-R and if he was here today, he would give us all a freshly-baked cookie."
"Very good," the teacher told Kevin.
Jeff was next, and he said, "My father is an accountant. A-K, no wait, A-C-K, no..." Before he could attempt to spell it once more, the teacher cut him off and told him to sit back down and to think about it for a while.
When he thought he knew how to spell it, he could stand back up and try again.
Little Johnny raised his hand in excitement hoping to be acknowledged by the teacher.
The teacher called on little Johnny to go next.
Johnny said, "My father is a bookie. B-O-O-K-I-E and if he was here today, he would give us all 20:1 odds Jeff will never be able to spell "accountant."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Mojave Desert.

I went over and looked at the photos of your little dancer. How exciting those first dance recitals can be.

My grand-daughter was in a production of Music Man this summer. At 6, she was the youngest in the cast. I was there for a few practices, and it was so much fun watching her first thespian attempts.

November 16, 2006 1:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, sounds like you had a good time on your visit, always good to get home again I find.

November 16, 2006 1:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a cute funny joke that fits in with your fun ones.

I always get a good smile here to start the day -

November 16, 2006 3:12 am  
Blogger Jo said...

How has this happened, you have a busier social life than me, all i do is run around after all the kids.
Glad you enjoyed the concert, will catch up with you next at xmas.

Luv Jo

November 16, 2006 10:02 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I just went to look at the pictures on LittleJen's blog...awwww she's just adorable!! Love the little devil outfit! lol Glad you had such a wonderful time visiting family but I know how good it is to come back home too:-)

November 16, 2006 10:20 am  
Blogger Kerri said...

Glad you had such a good time with your family. Kara is a little doll. I remember those ballet concerts well. Kylie used to take ballet lessons when we lived in Australia. The concerts are fun and the costumes are always so cute.
My hubby and I have had some laughs reading your jokes :)
Thanks for visiting and for the happy birthday wishes for our grandson. We enjoyed his party!

November 16, 2006 10:51 am  
Blogger Bob said...

I'm pleased to see you are back and the concert went okay.

November 16, 2006 7:24 pm  
Blogger Marion McCready said...

Sounds like you had a great time but now you'll be needing a rest!

November 17, 2006 5:57 am  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jan,
Sounds like you had a really fun trip!
Bill and I enjoyed your jokes, too!!
:)

November 17, 2006 2:10 pm  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

I'm glad you had a nice trip, and Gwen got a new computer. I already visited Little Jen's blog, and saw the picture of your cute granddaughter.

Hey my dad's named Johnny!

Janice~

November 17, 2006 2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting a good built in fan base there Jan, got all the kids fired up and roped in, well done.

November 18, 2006 2:00 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jen -- Glad you had a good time at Melbourne with Little Jen and especially that Kara. Isn't she precious!

Sorry I've been gone so long. Mema has been keeping us busy here.
..

November 18, 2006 10:15 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Thanks for your comment, but you insulted poor Pookie, she is a girl and a real female cat with everything around. I am sure if she weren't spayed she would have hundreds of kittens and never know who the father is, as she would have her head in the garbidge bin. She also walks like some girls usually located behind a rail station and swings her hips from one side to the other ! That's why I had to laugh about taking her for a male, poor girl !

November 18, 2006 10:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan ~ Glad you and Gwen had a good time in Melbourne, and that the concert and Kara did well. Thanks for your
comments, the Taxi story was a nice one.
Take care Jan, Love, Merle.

November 18, 2006 11:09 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi mate..Sorry I'm late with my comment,but I had this friend racing me all over town.
Great jokes clever Johnnie see you
wed or thurs.xx

November 19, 2006 1:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again Jan,
Thanks for your comments and your wishes for the trip to the market. It was good,
but hasn't it got warm since 33 C.
Take care, rest up after your trip,Love, Merle.

November 19, 2006 3:54 pm  
Blogger Gazza said...

What!!! No mention of breakfast on Sunday morning and being spoilt at my place. Bloody favortism I say, I'm going over to my freind Gwens Blog. I bet she has something posted about being spoilt at my place.

Little-Jen,
you dont have time to run around after those Kids of yours.... especially when you spend all that time in the Garden. :-)

November 19, 2006 6:54 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

I don't know why I thought you would be one of the Blogging Chicks (gagaga) but apparently you don't have the itch of writing for the moment lol !

November 19, 2006 7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home