Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our trip to Melbourne

Hi Everyone,
We're back from Melbourne, but boy, what a busy few days we had while there.
Gwen and myself left Yarra Friday morning, arriving at Joanne & Colins around lunch time. Later that afternoon my neighbour Ron rang to say that he had gone into my house to feed Clayton, my blue heeler cross dog, only to find that he had passed away. Clayton pictured below aged 14. Brett, my son-in-law, buried him in the backyard, and he & the kids gave him a nice small service.

Rest in Peace my mate.

Saturday : We went with Joanne to do last minute shopping for Hadens 18th birthday party, and to pick up the birthday cake. Then back to Joannes, helping her prepare the nibblies and add a few decorations. Before we knew it, it was to time to get dressed, get a brandy 'n dry in hand, and party on until the early hours of the morning.


The Birthday boy and his Nan


Haden making his speech


A few of the "Party animals"
Gwen, Cazz, Donna, Kayne, Nathan & Serayha.

Sunday : Mothers Day All the kids come to visit me at Joannes, and very unexpectedly presented me with a 7 Week old "Maltese X Shih-Tzu" Puppy, who I've named "Penny". She is just so cute and beautiful and just calling out to be spoilt rotten. I now won't be lonely when I go home.




Penny & Jack (Joannes Moodle(Maltese X Poodle))

Thank you Kids xxxxoooxxxx.

Monday: Gary's 47th birthday, so we packed up and left Joanne's, and headed off to Gary and Christines' to help him celebrate. We had a lovely roast leg of pork with all the vegies and trimmings .. bloody lovely .. Thanks Chris.
Gary blowing out his candles, watched by his son Nathan and wife Christine

The cutting of the cake, and Nathan eagely awaiting his piece!!!

Tueday : Arrived Home late afternoon feeling rather tired and in need of early night.

Penny, all snuggled up in her new basket and blanket.
Wednesday: Up early and of to Albury/ Wodonga for a little retail therepy and appointment with My Oncologist.YIPPPEEE the best news ever. I dont have to see her again unless my speciallist thinks there a need to do so.And I will still be having regular blood tests, and all other tests now every 12 months.
Last time I hope to see this sign to Oncology

Thursday.Of to pennant indoor carpet bowls

Friday hopefully a rest day ,

Saturday We are heading back toMelbourne home Sunday tell you about that next week !!!!!

I promise to get around to visiting you all as soon as Possible

Cheers \_/\_/\_/

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

One empy Brandy bottle explains it all mother, you had a great night and ty for being there for Haden.

Im glad you and Penny have bonded very well. I assume she doesnt sleep on the floor... lol but under one's sheets. (naturally of course).

See you in 2 weeks for the next party.

Lov Jo xoxoxo

May 15, 2008 10:09 pm  
Blogger Cazz said...

Hey Mum,

She is just so cute, but I think I might take her back, .. I mean to say, I have enough competition as it is ... I still need spoiling tooooo and I'm cute.. but I can make a cuppa -- Penny can't. ROFLMAO !!!!

Glad you both are getting along, but remember .. DONT OVER FEED HER.

See ya Saturday arvo

Love Cazz

PS: Can you email me the other pics from Hadens BDay pls.
TA XXOOXX

May 15, 2008 10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two pennies couldnt even add up to the amount of this tuppence.
haha. u need to hook me up with the pix nan..
translation: nan, could you please send, or post or do somthing that would allow me to view the other pictures of the party

P.S
just remember party not penny :P
xoxoxo
Tuppence
aka
raya

May 15, 2008 11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty Jeanette,
Sorry to read about Clayton, I'm glad you did find him. Now as for Penny, as carol say's DON'T over feed her see's only a small dog which means small amounts of food.

Love you heaps

Leanne xoxoxo
your other daughter

May 16, 2008 12:06 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jan, you really had a nice holiday. And a pleasant visit to the doc when you got back.

I am sorry about Clayton. You have had him for a long time, I dread the day Adi goes. She is getting old also (11).

Penny sure is cute. I think she likes her bed and pretty blanket. She won't know anything different if you just put the bed by your bed at night.

We keep Adi on a diet per the vet's orders. I have a cup with a line drawn inside. It isn't very high. Then when she eats out or Mrs. Jim feeds her, her food only goes to the line. She gets four feedings like that a day.
..
Oh yes, your party looked pretty wild! Cheers,
..

May 16, 2008 12:06 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ I typed two lots of comments last night, but they wouldn't stick. So here we go again. Glad that you and Gwen have been busy
partying with all these birthdays.
I am delighted at your Oncologist's
news, that is terrific. Sorry to hear
about Clayton, but Penny looks lovely
Guess she will be spoilt but will be great company when you are at home ??? Take care, dear friend, Love, Merle.

May 16, 2008 4:11 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

I am so sorry that Clayton passed on. It sounds as though he had a good life.

The new dog Penny is just adorable! More photos of her please!

May 17, 2008 5:27 am  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Jan ~ I don't know where to start with all you have posted here. First of all... WELCOME BACK! Sorry about your old puppy but what a nice Mother's Day gift that you got of the "new puppy". We had had a couple of Shih-Tzu's over the years and they are a very good lap dog. Loving and cuddley! Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy! Looks like lots of fun for all the many party animals! ~ jb///

May 17, 2008 7:46 am  
Blogger Susie said...

Looks like you've had plenty of partying. So sorry to read of Clayton's passing. I'm very sure he enjoyed his long comfortable life in your home.
As for Miss Penny: She is adorable beyond words We'll love watching her grow!
Such good health news So happy for you!
xo

May 18, 2008 9:08 am  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jeanette,

Gary and I almost have the same B-day...Happy B-day to Gary.

I'm sorry about your dog, but that was so sweet of your kids to get you a new one. Penny looks absolutely adorable. Just right for a lap doggie to spoil.

Happy Mother's day, and have a great day.
Janice~

May 18, 2008 1:06 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Jeanette,
I have the same problem as one of the other commenters above - there was so much in your post I don't know where to start! Well, you are such a busy and happy lady, I don't think you'll have any problems staying healthy from now on! Sad about losing dear old doggy friend, but the new little one is sooooooo cute!!!!

May 19, 2008 5:15 pm  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Mate.
Great post,but then I was there.
Getting ready for the next one,
ooooooooh but it's all fun.
Loved baby sitting "Penny" Thomas
has been looking for her.
See Ya xx

May 20, 2008 1:05 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

I am so happy you have a new little puppy to keep you company. Know you love and miss your dog and Penny won't replace him but she will take over a new place in your heart!

May 20, 2008 3:53 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Jen, Good news and bad news eh, Very sorry to hear about your dog but bloody glad to hear your clear and fighting fit, keep on rockin gal.

May 21, 2008 2:20 am  
Blogger Dick said...

That sounds like a very busy but fun week indeed. And Penny is a cutie.

Our road trips are stressing the pocket book with much higher fuel prices than ever before and it looks like there is no relief in sight. I guess it is time to explore some of those closer to home places that we have always just driven by in the past.

May 21, 2008 2:23 am  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dear Clayton. It is so sad to lose a pet.
It was sweet of your kids to find you Penny and she is a real sweetie. I am very bonded with my two yorkies so I know how much our dear little friends mean to us,
Aparently you have been partying hardy! We do a lot of that too. Having 14 great grand's keeps me shopping for birthday gifts, but isn't it wonderful fun to be able to share these special times with those we love.
Have a great week.

May 21, 2008 1:06 pm  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved Clayton. It's sad to lose a dear pet.

It's nice to see you all having fun at the party. Belated Happy Birthday to Haden and Gary.

Penny is so adorable. A precious Mother's Day gift. I'm glad you have a new friend.

May 21, 2008 7:23 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Jan, Great news on the health front, hope we can get Vicki there soon too, Sad that Clayton has gone but Penny will keep you young... Vicki has a very similar dog about 3 years old and a real character.

May 21, 2008 11:14 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh Jeanette, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Clayton! It is very sad to lose a beloved pet...

But I love to see you have a new friend! Penny is gorgeous and cute!

Congratulations to Haden!

May 23, 2008 5:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home