Monday, July 17, 2006

Update #1

G'day everyone,

I put in a quick call to Jo & Mum around 8.30pm tonight, just checking in to make sure they made it safe and sound and all was well. At the time of speaking, they were both sitting back outside their cabin, applying insect spray having a drink, Mums a brandy & dry and Jo a Southern & coke, and doing puzzles from the "That's Life" magazine. All relaxed after there flight. Our conversation went something like this:-

Caz: Hey sis, just a quick call .. All settled in okay.. did you have a pleasant flight?
Jo: Welllllll .. we got here eventually .. let me tell you its was interesting.
Caz: Oh god, do tell .. didnt go smoothly then?
Jo: Well, was running a little later than expected leaving home, you know kids and last minute stuff .. anyway, Colin drops us off at the airport, doesnt come in, as it was late and he wanted to get kids home to bed, anyway.. mum and I make our way to the check-in / departure lounge, check in baggage etc, normal stuff, well they pull mum aside, and go through her stuff, and to our amazment took out her "moose" (hair product) and said it couldn't be taken onboard as the little bloody plastic lid was missing .. well as you can imagine, mums flustered, not at the fact of the moose, but the thought that they thought she was trying to blow up the plane .. well that all got settled and after further searching of her bags .. she went through okay. (Please note that there was laughter in the background from mum, just listening to Jo relate this story)
Caz: Bloody hell sis, glad it was you there and not me !!! (laughter in my voice)
Jo: Oh.. it doesnt end there ... They pulled me aside and did a random drug test, and then checked all my baggage for drugs etc .. (at this point mum is nearly wetting herself laughing in the background).
Caz: Youve got to be joking?
Jo: I just couldnt believe it, so I ask them if we, pointing to mum and myself look like druggies or terrorists, to which they answered .. dont know, what do they look like .. well I must admit that stumped me, so anyway we eventually got cleared and was allowed to board the plane. By this time it was just after 7.45pm the plane was due to take off at 8pm.
Caz: (laughing at this point, because I could visualise all) Well, all that aside sis, you got there and you got something to have a good laugh over.
Jo: Oh, thats not the end of it .. (at this point mum has laid a few eggs, (an aussie saying) laughing so much) we are sitting on the plane, Pilot voice over, you know normal shit, we start to taxi out to the runway when all the darn power goes out, and the plane stops, along with my heart. I yell out "SHIT", mum yells "Bloody hell" and other passengers were all doing the same, and we both grab each others hand. So we along with the other passengers are sitting on the runway in total darkness, with a thousand thoughts running crazily through our minds, and I can tell you mine was of drugged out terrorists taking over the plane !!!
Caz: (laughing at this point, not being able to hold it in) Oh no .. what was wrong?
Jo: Well, because there was no power took a bit to relate to everyone, but there was a fault in the planes electrical crap, welll dooh, so we are all just told that ground crew have been alerted and just to sit back and relax !!! I myself wanted off this darn plane, and turned to mum and said, I told you we should have driven!!! Anyway, 1/2hr goes by and the lights etc all come back on, pilot announces all has been corrected and was ready once again to take off. Well you know me, my mind is creating all sorts of scenarios, and I think I might have held my breathe for longer than was normal, I look over at mum, and she's just sitting back, all relaxed, as if nothing had happened. She even started to stir me up, you know teasing me etc. Anyway the plane takes off, I get myself a "drink", and we finally land at Darwin aiport around 1.30am instead of the expected 12.10am. Then collect the hire car, drive up here, got in around 2am.
Caz: So the trip went well then (laughing so darn hard)
Jo: Yeah, guess you could say that, we got here !!!! I'll put mum on
Mum: hey love, (because thats all she could get out, she was still laughing so darn hard)
Caz: Interesting trip (she still wasn't able to talk), mum, will ring in a the next couple of days, will let you get back to your drinking and relaxing. Give my love to Greg, Dell and will talk soon.

Im sorry about the length of this, but I just didnt know how I could shorten it and still relate all the happenings !!!

Until the next update
Keep on smiling
Caz

7 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Can't you just picture this situation, well perhaps you can't if you don't know the players as well as I do.
Good thing it ended well, now don't you mis-behave Carol and give mothers blog a bad name.

July 17, 2006 1:11 am  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I don't know how I missed three posts here. I check every day for news. It might be the time difference. We are a whole day behind Aussie land. Thank you so much for the updates! The airport story was something else. At least you did not loose power in flight. My Dad is a pilot and lost the power in flight in his Trinidad once. Very scary stuff. In case Jo is reading I am just starting Chapter 3 of The House. It is really good so far. Have a wonderful vacation... Don't worry bout the kids hubby will handle it. It will make him appreciate how much work is involved in taking care of children....ha-ha
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

July 17, 2006 5:41 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Carol. I just came over via your comment on Peter's blog.
I gave my daughter, Susie, the keys to my blog while Mrs. Jim and I were in Europe for five weeks.

http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/

She just about ruined the blog, and my reputation. But readership sure was up.
You can see what she wrote on my links towards the bottom on the left, called "What Susie wrote while I was gone." I moved them all over there.
I'll check on you too. You might help your mom's standing.
..

July 17, 2006 1:28 pm  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jen,

LOL--loved the story, and I could even hear the Aussie speak in my head. The best part of the story; after being mistaken for drugged out terrorist, that when the lights went out Jo was afraid it was drug out terrorist trying to take over the plane!

I'm glad your mother took it all in stride! I think I might have wetted myself!

Janice~

July 17, 2006 3:56 pm  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Oh, I just realized that post was rfrom Caz--Oops sorry.

July 17, 2006 4:07 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Carol ~~ Thank again for the update. They sure had a few problems on
the trip to Darwin, but all's well that ends well!! It made a great post, very funny. I hope the return trip works out better. I have never flown and do not
intend to. Thanks Carol, Merle.

July 17, 2006 10:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mum,
Im laughin so much here. I just wish I could've seen nan & aunty jo's faces

July 19, 2006 1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home