Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yarrawonga

Hi Everyone, not a lot to report, I have had a very quiet week at home feeling rather unwell, after a few visits to doctors Iam now on road to recovery from a mystery bug..
I promise to get around to visiting you all in the next few days
~~~~~~~~`
Firstly :I am honoured and pleased to recieve this award from Alice Who has lovely tea party recipes, please pop over and visit her im sure you will all enjoy her recipes.
Now for the rules:
1) Select 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contrubuites to the blogger community, no matter the language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico"blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
This award is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART, much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all those bloggers and to bloggers who day by day share this space and enrich it a little more each day." ~Arte Y Pico
Now I have to pass this onto to five others which was a difficult choice. So I picked these
My Dear Friends. Or anyone who would like to have it please feel free to have it...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Heres a few photo's I took homeward bound just outside Yarrawonga after our Trip to Albury last week .
a deserted farm shed just off the Hwy
A closer look


A rusted piece of farm Machinery on the same property

A few donkeys a little further up the road

A view of Lake Mulwala from the Hwy if you take a close look theres a boat with a skier on the back taking his life in his hands with all the stumps about
lowering the lake to try kill of the green weed growing


you can see the weed better in these couple photo's pic.





You can see, the green weed in the water through the tree
The lake Getting lower
left Side of boat ramp
Well normally you couldn't leave your Tinny (Boat)here cause it would be under water.
The waters edge is well down and should be up past those few leafy twigs.

Right Side of boat ramp, Can you see the tyres against the bank?
thats were the normal water level should be.
The Shire tells us the lake will be full again by end of August.
I promise to get around to visiting you all in the next few days

CHEERIO FOR NOW.. CHEERS \_/\_/\_/

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

Hi, glad to see you are feeling better. Very interesting photos there of the lake. That weed is such a pest.

June 15, 2008 9:50 am  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Jen,
Sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell. Hope you're on the mend very soon. Loved seeing all your photos of that area..
Congratulations on your award..
xo

June 15, 2008 9:52 am  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Jen, sorry to hear you've been off colour. There are so many mysterious "bugs" going around now.

I found your photos interesting. I haven't been to Albury for about 30 years! I'd probably notice a lot of changes.

Hope all is well in your world.

Take care.

June 15, 2008 12:25 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Thank you so much to have thought of me for this award ! The rules are rather complicated though, lol !
What a strange lake, what happened to these trees ? It looks like part of a horror movie, but beautiful in some way !

June 15, 2008 2:41 pm  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jeanette,

I hope you are feeling better?

Aw, those donkeys looked like they were mugging for the camera.

That lake looked to dangerous to skin in that low.

Later,
Janice~

June 15, 2008 4:03 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Jan ~~ I am so sorry you have been unwell, and do hope abd pray that you will very soon be fit and well again.
Thank you so much for the lovely award which I will pick up and pass on very soon. Glad you liked "Just a
Mum" and Memories. The lake at Mulwala is very like the one at Nagambie isn't it? Take care, dear friend, Love, Merle.

June 15, 2008 5:16 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for the award! I will post and pass it on soon. I love seeing your photos! You always take the time to get them perfect so we can enjoy the scenery along with you. Have a wonderful week

June 15, 2008 8:44 pm  
Blogger Lady Di Tn said...

Glad you are on the mend. Did you eat some of the bad tomatoes that are showing up here in the states?
Thanks for sharing your trip with us and the skier is either Brave or Dumb. Peace

June 15, 2008 10:44 pm  
Blogger smilnsigh said...

Oh no! Not more of those 'mystery bugs'! When will they go away?!? Hope yours is all gone.

And thank you for being so sweet as to give me an Award. But oh dear, I don't create. So many bloggers do, but I just take pictures and write and blog pretty pics. But thank you, again.

Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh' blog

June 16, 2008 4:42 am  
Blogger Rusty in Miami said...

I hope you are feeling better and congratulation on your award

June 16, 2008 11:32 am  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Jeanette -- I am glad you got that award, you do have a very nice blog.

Also I hope you are feeling better still after the weekend. I suppose it is about time for you to travel some more, you've got to get rested up.

Your donkey picture gets my vote. The abandoned farm house and machine are second. We have a lot of those in the U.S. also.
Cheers,
..

June 16, 2008 10:19 pm  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I would LOVE to see your country Jen. And I know you'd take me around and about. Oh and of course we'd have to stop by and have a lot of beers on the way for sure.

That's cool to know you and I have the same color decor in our rooms.

And most of all dear lady, thank you SO MUCH for the award you passed on to me! That is a great honor. I'll get it up as soon as I can, on my blog. For today tho, we have to start moving some furniture as the carpet cleaners are coming to do a few rooms. And while they're drying for the day, Bud and I are gonna boo-ga-loo out of here for the day.

You're a great lady and wonderful friend! Thanks again.

Get well soon.

June 16, 2008 11:36 pm  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I hope you are feeling better, dear Jeanette!

Love those photos! The view of Lake Mulwala is amazing!

June 17, 2008 8:44 am  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

COngratulations on your pretty award.
Thanks for posting the photos. I live seeing old abandon farm houses and barns. There's someting so peaceful yet lonely about them.
The lake certainly is low. We've had so much rain this spring that the rivers are quite high.

-

June 17, 2008 9:30 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you hadn't been feeling well...I do hope that you're 100% better real soon:-) Congratulations on the well deserved award, dear Jen!!

I so enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Any time I see abandoned buildings like that farm shed, I always wonder how it used to be in its hey day. Goodness gracious, I hadn't noticed the boat and skier until you mentioned it...as you say, taking his life in his hands with all those stumps!!! xoxo

June 18, 2008 8:03 am  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Jen. I hope you're feeling much better now. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I'm nursing a cold and my head is hurting quite a bit. I'm here at Yohan's school waiting for his class to finish. I'm thankful for the free wifi. :)

Thanks for sharing all those interesting photos. Take care.

June 19, 2008 12:03 pm  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Shots of my homeland... makes me feel good... I will tell you one thing Jen... makes me want to head there with my cameras in tow... I would be have a field day... take care

June 20, 2008 10:30 pm  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi Jeanette, They're nice pictures, I reckon my old boss at the farm would have given his right arm for a shed like that, especially is it has a few holes in the roof as well! Bob.

June 21, 2008 6:42 am  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Classic photographs! All very Australian, moreso than my city ones :)

June 21, 2008 8:50 pm  
Blogger dieter said...

Hi I used to hoilday up there every summer, we had timeshare there and it was a great place to just relax.
The crooked bridge there is so funny.

June 23, 2008 4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home