Friday, July 21, 2006

Music .. Get The Toes Tapping !!!

G'day everyone,

I've just added a little music .. boost up the feeling of well being!! It's a rather catchie little number sung by one of Holties favourites and I must admit one of mine also. The song is titled "G'day G'day" and sung by Slim Dusty.

Slim died a dew years back (2003), but his songs remain and are legendary here in Australia. Another of his best known songs is "A Pub With No Beer". There are many web pages out there dedicated to Slim, so if you are wanting a little more insight, you can click here


The Slim Dusty Story - The Age

By the time you leave here today, I can guarantee you will be humming, whistling or singing this as you go about your day.

If, by any chance you find it annoying, simply click the stop button on the player located at the top of the page.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Isn't this the guy who sang Waltzing Matilda at the Sydney closing ceremonies? He looks familiar, but I only saw him that once. I guess I was impressed, eh?

July 21, 2006 9:41 am  
Blogger Peter said...

Slim certainly was the one who closed the Sydney Olympics with Waltzing Matilda to an audience estimated at 4 billion.
Slim probably had a bigger audience than this when in 1981 the spaceshuttle Columbia passed over Australia and austranauts Bob Crippen and John Young played Slims "Waltzing Matilda" from space, making him the first singer to have his voice played in space there is no record of the audience size for that one apart from, many billions!!!

July 21, 2006 12:27 pm  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

This is quite pleasant! I'm glad Peter steered me here.

July 21, 2006 1:53 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Carol ~~ Nice post but I could not get the music. I am also a fan of Slim
and that is the nicest photo of him.
I can hum the song anyway as I know it.
Take care, when is Mum due home?
Cheers, Merle.

July 21, 2006 1:55 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

I seem to remember "A Pub With No Beer." I think it was part of a circulating e-mail.
..

July 21, 2006 2:35 pm  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Caz,
Love the song, always have been a fan of Slim Dusty. I love opening blogs with music, it is always so much fun, and it gives another insight into the personality of the person, I think.
Anyway, have a wonderful weekend.
Take care,
Meow

July 21, 2006 10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home